Ch 26 - Prankster Prince

I unscrewed the top of the shower head, putting the Kool-aid powder inside.

This was for making me lose sleep.

"I came up to ask Tae if he knew where you... I guess he does."

"There's nothing to worry about, Your Highness. She's with me."

Y/N was with everyone, wasn't she? Jin, Jimin, Namjoon, and even Taehyung... Just taking all the attention she could get. It must have been nice to be a princess who everyone was fawning over.

But I wasn't going to.

I screwed the shower head back into her shower and walked out her bathroom. Books were stacked neatly on the desk. Clothes were hanging in the closet.

But the bed sheets were halfway off the bed.

She wouldn't have... I mean, she's wasn't the type to...

...was she?

"I'll be sure to escort her back to her room." Taehyung had said.

"I can take her."

"No, thank you."

You wanted the assistant to take you back? You chose an assistant over a prince? I was going to apologize to you. But if you wanted the others...

I slammed the door behind me.

To hell with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Night fell, and I still hadn't seen her around the castle. Whatever. It was a big castle. She could be anywhere.

Or maybe she was in someone else's room...?

I shook my head. Not my business. I didn't care anyways.

I went up the stairs, walking by her room one more time. It's not like I wanted to go this way. I didn't want to see her. I had to go this way anyhow. It was the best route to the office.

That's when I heard the scream and the crash.

From Y/N's room.

I ran to the door. "Y/N? Are you all right?"

No answer.

I opened the door. She was on the floor, holding her face in her hands, sobbing. The shower water echoed from the bathroom.

Geez, she wasn't that scared, right?

I leaned down beside her and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Why are you crying?" I asked. "Don't tell me the shower freaked you out. It was only Kool-aid powder."

She threw my hands off, glaring through glazed eyes. "It was you!"

"I didn't think it would scare you that much!"

She hit my arm repeatedly. "Don't. You. Ever. Stop? I've had enough of you! Do you want me gone? Is that it? Is all of this your doing?"

I put a hand on her shoulder. "I didn't think --"

She winced. I pulled my hand away as she lifted up her sleeve. There was a large, bloodied bruise.

What the hell...?

"What happened?" I asked.

She pulled down her sleeve and sniffled. "Nothing."

"You don't get a bruise like that from nothing, Y/N. What..."

Then I saw them. Bruises, scratches, and a deep cut on her neck.