Chapter 35

Alchemy: Tiny Steps

-.-

D/C: I own nothing.

-.-

"English and Edward's accented voice."

"Amestrian, Xingese, foreign languages, or to add emphasize."

Written notes or to add extra emphasize

'Thoughts.'

-.-

Edward sat on a wooden bench, sipping on tea that was made just for the trail of the day. He hated it. Hated the taste, what it does, and the attendees were at mixed odds on the trial that was taking place in front of them. He was summoned to act as an expert witness on the behalf of the court and he could feel the stares that were directed his way. At least the date of said trial was kept in the dark but many still managed to get here and it's starting to annoy the Alchemy Teacher.

There were talks of having character witnesses, but that was quickly annexed. They were mainly looking for ones that are a complete third party. So far... there's only three people that fit that bill, himself, Andromeda Tonks, and Rebus Hagrid.

Right now, everyone is waiting for Sirius Black to be brought in and for Kingsley Shacklebolt, the latter of which is judging the case.

Edward swears that if they vote to have the guy returned even everything that is going to be presented in front of them, there is no help left for humanity. None whatsoever.

Silence filled the room when a sudden chill filled the room that could only mean Dementors could bring. Edward hates those creatures... completely and utterly inhuman. Hagrid and Severus had warned him about them but seeing them in front of him is something completely different. Standing in between those hideous creatures is a scraggly man that aged far more than he was supposed to in the last couple of years.

The funny part? They seemed to not like Edward for whatever reason, they are avoiding looking at him and every time they even glance his way, that creepy laugh turns one of warning. At least Truth is good from something...

That eerie laugh was his only response to that thought.

Back to the reason, everyone was in that room, to begin with... Sirius Black. The time in the slammer aged him severely so. Clothes tattered and hung loosely on his body, the smell is just as bad as he looked. It only made Edward wonder about this man... and the tea he was forced to drink.

-.-

Sirius doesn't know what to make out of the famous Edward Elric. He looks like a kid. A kid. A kid that just made it out of Hogwarts.

Or wherever he graduated from...

As much Sirius trusts Bones, but this kid... just... He's glaring at him. Wait... no... Elric is glaring at Umbridge. The kid earned a couple of points back in his book for that. Looking back at the Alchemy Professor, to now see him talking to someone that was seated behind him.

Said someone is the main reason for Sirius having major doubts when it comes to Edward Elric.

Severus Snape.

Is that snake manipulating the kid?

Manipulating him into seeing everything into the wrong light?

Oh, Merlin... Sirius is starting to regret his past actions, karma, right?

Now there are only what if...

"This stuff tastes like shit. I thought that truths potion crap is supposed to be tasteless?"