prologue

^^^^^ swipe to see the luke gif :)

Mandy put on her ruby earrings, and went to the back of her ear to lock it. She smoothed out the wrinkles in her black dress, and fixed the pin on her hair. Mandy picked up her maroon Dr.Martens and slipped them on.

Today was her grandmother's funeral. Her grandmother was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer that couldn't be cured. Mandy was very close with her grandmother and felt a deep sorrow in her heart, but she was happy, knowing that her grandmother didn't have to suffer any longer.

Mandy's mother and her father were divorced when Mandy was still small. She only had her father, who worked very hard to keep the family running without his wife.

Mandy knew her dad worked really hard for her so she worked extra hard on her grades to make him proud.

+

Luke was living the average teen life. He was on the basketball team and was one of the school's best players. He was pretty famous, people knew him.

Luke was in a band. He was the lead singer, along with his 3 best friends. He thought they were good actually, and performed at small places, such as the mall. Let's just say, Luke loved his life.

A/N:

Alright so I'm really excited for this book so I might make the first chapter later but I'm so happy :) so I hope you like it. -kaylie