one

Mandy gave a beautiful speech about her grandmother. It made some of the adults cry, and she did too. She missed her grandmother a lot.

A few speeches later, the funeral was finished. Mandy and her father were comforted by her relatives and she even received some cash.

Before they left, Mandy looked at her grandmother's lifeless body, there, laying beautifully in the glass coffin. She was surrounded by beautiful flowers and she looked more graceful than ever.

Mandy lost an important person in her life.

"C'mon, we need to go,"Mandy's father called out to her. She nodded and walked to her father. She looked over her shoulder once more at her grandmother, and then left.

+

Luke had just finished band practice and was very sweaty. His hair was damp and his chest was glistening. He moved around a lot while singing and playing guitar, so he got really sweaty.

After all his bandmates left, he took a shower and then went down to eat dinner with his family. They said earlier that they wanted to talk to him about something important.

He took a seat and began placing food on his plate. His mom and dad already did so before. Luke dug in his food because he got very hungry whenever there was band practice.

"So about the important thing," his mom spoke up.

"Oh yeah, what is it?" Luke said, taking a sip of water. He was curious and wanted to know what the big deal was.

"So you know how your dad has been looking for a job?"She asked, taking a piece of chicken in her mouth. Luke furrowed his eyebrows and nodded.

"Well, Luke, my new job is in California," his dad finally said. Luke dropped his fork on his plate loudly.

He was very shocked. If he had to move halfway across the world, he had to leave his friends, his school, and everything behind. And he didn't want to.

Luke didn't say anything, he was speechless.

"Luke this is real,"his mom took a deep breath. "We are moving to California."

Luke was frustrated and didn't know what to do. He was feeling mixed emotions and the only thing he wanted to do was stay here, in Sydney.

"I'm going to my room," Luke scooted his chair back and raced up to his room. He slammed the door and jumped onto his bed. Luke forced himself to sleep and it worked.

A/N:

Okay so this is the first chapter. So basically luke is moving to california bc his dad's job is there and he doesn't wanna leave his friends behind. Okay anyways yeah I'm kaylie :)