Week 1 - Kokona (Monday)

Akademi High, a prestigious school situated in Buraza Town, stood upon a tall hill that overlooked the town below. Greenery stands out amongst the school grounds, creating a beautiful contrast between the green and the school's exterior white and yellow paint. But the main attraction to see is the row of cherry blossom trees in the front of the school, they really stand out - especially during the spring months around graduation and the beginnings of the following school year - and most citizens of the local area would talk about it's beauty. Since it was currently April, the cherry blossom trees were in full bloom for all to see. It made Akademi High a beautiful place to go to for the students that attended

Speaking of attending students; due to the prestigious nature of the school, there is an quite difficult entrance exam as well as tuition fees. Thus, the school receives only 30 students every year on average that they divide over two classrooms. But those reasons aren't the only for the low student applications, the school has a dark history that means parents end up more likely choosing against sending their children there.

That dark history, people talk about it all the time, is of stories from the 80s. A unknown serial killer roamed the school, believed to be one of the female students that attended, and killed a minimal of 8 students according to police records - but it's believed she killed many more due to disappearances during the time. One student was trailed during this time due to belief that she had been the serial killer, but the evidence gathered by a journalist, that was tasked to the job, couldn't prove that she was the killer and thus she was released back into the public. This could the police department to be ridiculed for years following and the school refused to let police investigations last more than an hour on school grounds.

The student believed to be the cause was Aishi Ryoba, who soon grow up and married a man that she had fallen in love with during her teenage years attending Akademi High. Many of the local community were happy that she was no longer suffering under the belief that she was the murderer, and that she could live happily. Not long after her marriage, Ryoba gave birth to a healthy baby girl that the couple named Ayano.

Ayano was a quirky child to put it mildly, she never really displayed emotions and more just acted upon her senses for food and such. But all tests that doctors ran proved that she was just a healthy child, and that there was nothing they could do regarding her numbed emotion displayed. However, Ryoba knew about this 'quirky' nature and knew about how it worked. Since she was also the same during her childhood up to when she met her husband. Thus, from a young age, Ayano was often told that one day she'd meet someone that would allow her to feel emotions.

As she grew, Ayano quickly seemed to realise that lacking emotions were considered creepy and abnormal by the other children of the elementary school she went to. Thus, to make herself seem more normal, she began to mimic the actions of others to be perceived as a normal and emotion-filled child. The only child that knew the truth was her best friend, Gurin Midori, a hyperactive and loud child that Ayano ended up befriending more out of the fact that the Aishis and Gurins knew each other from back during school.

When Ayano reached the age for entering high school, her mother immediately set to work putting the emotionless husk of a girl into Akademi High due to it being her Alma Meter and wishing for the child to follow in her footsteps. For better....or for worse. After Midori found out, she followed suit and managed to pass the entrance exam by pure chance as she wasn't the brightest tool in the box due to a mental condition that stunned her intelligence and emotional ages.

Thus, the two teenagers entered the school together and had a relatively uninteresting year for the both of them. Midori, being more the social type, managed to somehow make friends with the entire student body over the course of the year whilst Ayano remained reclusive and just paid attention to her studies as she hoped that she'd find the key to her emotions one day. Unlike Midori, who quickly settled into a club, Ayano didn't partake in any after school activities as they never sparked any interest or emotion from her.