Week 1 - Kokona (Friday)

When Ayano woke up that next morning, she saw her phone flashing. She had a text message. Opening it, she saw a message from Kokona. How did she get her number? She honestly didn't really know, but she'd ask later. The message was from only about half an hour ago, but the icon said that the drama club member was still online.

Kokona: My father just got a phone call.....he says his debts have been wiped clean! Did.....you do this?

Ayano smiled gently, happy to see that her plan had completely worked. She planned out her reply message, but instead just went for something really simple in hopes that her new friend would actually reply.

Ayano: Yes.
Kokona: What did you do?!
Ayano: I can't tell you.
Kokona: That's kinda....scary.......but I can't remember the last time I saw......my dad this happy. Words can't expressed how grateful I am! If there's anything you need me to do for you, just say the word!
Ayano: Well, there isn't anything.....but I'd like to see you before school. I figure you want to express your thanks in person.
Kokona: I'll come over to your house shortly,....just send me the address. I really...just want to hug something right now, and Saki won't understand.....

Ayano could tell that there was something else in the messages, maybe Kokona actually wanted to know what happened and it was probably best to only talk about that sort of thing at home and not in school. She texted out the address and headed downstairs to make breakfast.

After making some pancakes, she heard knocking at the door. She opened the door to see the silvery-purple eyes of Kokona staring back at her with a blushy and happy face. Two seconds later and Kokona was holding onto her, crying tears of happiness. "Thank you so much.....I just don't have how else to express it.....you save my dad and I couldn't be more grateful.......and now I can stop using gross methods to earn money.......Thank you..."

Like a deer in headlights, Ayano just stood there as Kokona hugged her. Eventually, her shaky hands wrapped themselves around the crying girl as she blushed slightly. "You're welcome, I understand this means a lot to you...."

After calming down, Kokona removed herself from Ayano's arms and smiled brightly. Then she looked around the grey haired girl's home. "You have a nice place, Yan-tan?"

"Thanks," Ayano muttered, deciding that the one word answer was sufficient.

"Where are your parents though?"

"Overseas...." honestly, Ayano barely understood her parents' reasoning for leaving the country and her. But that was beyond the point, the point was just telling Kokona the fact that she had the house to herself.

"So, you take care of yourself?" she question, receiving a nod from the formerly emotionless girl. Honestly, she had been able to cook and look after herself for years prior. It was like her mother had prepared her for this. "That must be hard."

As she walked through to the main room to pick up her pancakes, Ayano responded with a short and simple. "I manage," and it wasn't exactly false, as her pancakes proved. She saw Kokona's eyes as she spotted the pancakes, them almost begging for some as the purple haired girl's lips watered. "....Do you want one?" she asked, after a few seconds.

Her answer? Well, it was rapid nodding and not a verbal response. Ayano picked up another plate and put one of the pancakes onto it for the purple haired girl. She then sat down on the nearby sofa, with her plate on her lap. "My father would never leave me alone, he worries too much about me. Your parents must be quite laid back."

Laid back? For a moment, Ayano mused over this idea. It didn't really work, her mother was quite doting and her father only followed his wife's every command. So neither were really laid back. "Maybe..." she decided to respond with. She ate one of her pancakes after her short mutter.