Chapter 5

burning desire
chapter five
|| immature mistakes ||
[Keith]

Keith groaned. "It's like the first few weeks all over againnn" He whined to Shiro, who only patting Keith's head in response. Veronica and Maria had stopped asking about Keith. It was as he didn't exist in their world because frankly, he didn't exist in Lances world.

One day Pidge and Lance were hanging out doing chemistry homework when Pidge started sneezing uncontrollably "what the heck.. Lance you don't have a cat do you? " Lance shook his head "nope" Pidge sneezed again looking around Lance's bedroom "there's cat fur in your bed" she deadpanned. Lance simply shrugged ignoring the her statement.

Pidge tilted her head "has the demon thing gotten to you buddy you've been acting up every since Keit-" Lance cut her off "don't even...it has nothing to do with him I haven't even seen him in what a month or three...who's counting"

Pidge raised an eyebrow. "Really? Why not? I mean, it'd be pretty handy to have a demon to do anything you want? You could totally take advantage of it." She pointed out, stroking her chin thoughtfully.

Lance shrugged "we didn't exactly leave things on good terms" Pidge sighed. "That doesn't matter though, does it? No matter how angry he is, he'll still have to do things for you" Lance clenched his fists "I don't need him to do my bidding Pidge he owns my soul and he's a prick can't you just drop it "

Pidge sighed. "Fine fine." She held her arms up in surrender and went back to the homework. Lance took a deep breath "I'm sorry I got angry it's just I thought I liked him and it's frustrating cause he's... well...a demon". Pidge looked over at him. "Oh." She stated bluntly. "That sucks." She nodded. "But doesn't mean you'd want to apologize and make things better?"

"he's a demon pidge" Lance deadpanned "d e m o n". Pidge sighed. "But he owns your soul? For the rest of your life? So why not just make it a good life?". Lance looked at Pidge and nodded slowly "you really are the brains aren't you... "

She smirked and fixed her glasses. "Yep." Lance scratched his neck "well I can't do much if you're here". Pidge blinked. "Oh- should I go then?" She tilted her head. Lance smiled sheepishly "if you don't mind"

Pidge smirked and nodded, packing up her things. "I'll see you later Lance". Lance waved walking his friend out "thanks again Pidge" when Pidge left Lance ran right back up to his room sitting down and thinking about what he was gonna say. "Keith" Lance whispered.

Keith groaned. "Shirooooo I don't wanna gooooo" He whined, trying to reach out to his brother as he faded and appeared in Lance's room. When Keith appeared Lance froze up 'say something' he thought but he couldn't think of anything to say "uhm"

Keith crossed his arms raising an eyebrow, floating in the middle of Lance's room. "What do you want?" he spat. Lance sighed rubbing his arm "uhm I just want to um talk...cause of our fight... last... time" Keith sighed quietly, narrowing his eyes at him. "Then start talking"

Lance looked at Keith and nodded "I'm sorry for overreacting and ignoring you for the second time.. I was... immature" Keith sighed and nodded. "Right...?" Lance bit his lip "so can we be cool? "

Keith raised an eyebrow. "Cool? Yeah...we can be cool" He hummed, nodding. Lance nodded "well.. okay.. thanks for coming.. even though you don't really have any power over it sorry if I interrupted something" Keith nodded again. "Yeah yeah. Did you need anything else?"