p ▮ three

you should calm down a bit,
there's a whole world out
there.

"so when is your class gonna start?" kunhang asked, the two were somehow caught in an awkward moment as they ate their dinner together

"so when is your class gonna start?" kunhang asked, the two were somehow caught in an awkward moment as they ate their dinner together. as much as minkyung would love to get to know kunhang, she never really had a chance because kunhang always seems busy with school stuff. all she know of him is that he's the same age as her and he wants to become a doctor—or something along that biology stuff. other than that, he's basically a stranger to her.

"it starts next week," she replied, a bit hesitant with her own sentence. kunhang chuckled and stared at her for a brief moment, "your pronunciation is really cute." he muttered as he flashed a grin at her. minkyung looked up from her food, "m-my what is cute?" she asked, kunhang smiled again—literally all he ever does is smile. it makes him look super friendly. he grabbed his phone from the table, and typed something out, meanwhile minkyung kept her eyes on kunhang, still confused with what he was saying.

"here," he said softly, and passed his phone to her. he had typed out the word 'pronunciation' on a translate site for her, which he earned a giggle from minkyung. "my mandarin's so bad," she joked, though kunhang was quick to disagree, "it's actually really good," he exclaimed quietly—minkyung didn't say anything, which made kunhang wonder if she had heard him or not.

before kunhang was about to leave, he darted his eyes back to minkyung, he wanted to tell her something, but decided not to—since they weren't that close. he was actually disappointed that they were the same age, and were even living in the same house together, and yet he knows nothing about her. he had seen her once calling her friend, and although he didn't understand anything they were saying, he could tell that minkyung was actually a really fun person to hang out with.

he wished he knew how to start conversations with her, but he didn't. he'd ask her about her day if he wasn't always so busy with his own studies.

minkyung also got up to wash her dishes, as she stood next to kunhang who was quietly humming to a song, "hey," she called, and then kinda regretting it the second later because of how quick he was to give her his attention. "hm?" he mumbled, though his eyes were fixed on the glass he was washing. "why are you going to school so early in the morning, and then coming back home so late?" she asked, and kunhang sighed.

"i have a lot to catch up, you see, my college has this stupid system where we have exams every week, and each of them will carry out a total of 20% for my finals, and it's just overall super tiring. because i have to always catch up on everything." he frowned, minkyung didn't mean anything, but upon hearing his little rant, she let out a soft chuckle, "looks like you're going through a lot," she shook her head as she says it, in which kunhang agrees.

minkyung slowly lifted her hand, and slowly pat the male's back, softly too. which startled kunhang to say the least. "you should calm down a bit, there's a whole world out there waiting for you," she assured him, though he didn't really listened. kunhang was practically used to hearing those words from his relatives, but he can't really do anything.

"thanks, minkyung." he smiled, and the smiled back at him, "but anyway, you can do it! hard work always pay off!" she exclaimed happily, which she earned a giggle from the boy. "wow, i feel way more dedicated to study now," he said, and the two of them burst into laughter.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"oh, did i mentioned how cute my roommate is?" kunhang whispered over the phone, he didn't really want his own roommate to hear him talking about her. "huh? i thought it's a guy?" dejun said from the other line, he was sure that they were both sure that kunhang's roommate would be a guy.

"you dumbass! i've been telling you she's a girl!" he scoffed, and dejun raised both his hands a sign of defeat. "okay. no need to get defensive." he mumbled as he looked away from his friend for a brief moment. he was waiting for kunhang to continue, but instead he just stood there. "what are you waiting for? tell me all about her!" he said and pushed his friend a bit.

"what's her name again? minhyung? minnie? whatever's her name is—"
"it's minkyung, thank you very much."

dejun nodded, anticipating his friend's story—all about his new roommate. "well she's really awkward with me, i guess? i really wanna get to know her, though. i think she talks to her mum a lot in front of the tv. sometimes she falls asleep in front of the tv too—i mean, i'd carry her to her room but i don't think we've reached that level of closeness yet so i'd just bring her a blanket—"

"woah! slow down!" dejun cut off, he had his eyebrows creased together as he stared at his friend who was very excited to talk about his roommate. kunhang looked down, his ears going red slightly, "sorry." he mumbled, before laughing.

"anyway. she talks to her mum a lot about—i'm guessing—everything." he paused, smiling to himself, "oh not to be whipped or anything. but when she laughs, it's just super charming." he added as he grinned to himself, dejun nodded to himself as he listened, he wasn't going to say it, but at this point anyone who heard whatever kunhang just said would know that he is—in fact, whipped.

"are you sure that's her mum though? what if she already has a boyfriend? i mean—you don't even speak korean." dejun teased, nudging kunhang's arm, kunhang shook his head abruptly, "noooo, no way! no, no, no, no, nooooo. no way! no." he whined, dejun gave him a look of disgust, "ew. don't ever act like that ever again." he said as he shook his head.

kunhang laughed—and then the two became silent. dejun darted his eyes to kunhang again, a sly smile appeared on his face, "but what if—"

"dejun, i'm going to beat your ass if you say that she has a boyfriend one more time." he scoffed, and made the other burst into laughters. "okay. okay. she's single—i guess." he shrugged, and kunhang only replied with a smile on his face. "i hope so!" he exclaimed, and then grinned widely.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

a/n: guys i love huang guanheng with all
my heart this isn't even funny
anymore 😤😤