p ▮ five

i say "today is gonna be different"
everyday, but it really is different
today.

kunhang woke up from his deep sleep at 6 in the morning again, like he usually do

kunhang woke up from his deep sleep at 6 in the morning again, like he usually do. usually he would've already prepare himself an outfit for the next day, on the night before, but since last night he was too busy studying biology, he forgot all about it.

after about 5 minutes of laying quietly in bed, he finally sat up, rubbing his eyes as he lazily tell himself that once he becomes a rich, famous doctor, this will all be worth it. "it's okay. today's gonna be different." he sighed whilst saying it, and then slowly, he got out from bed to get ready for his class.

after cleaning himself, he rummaged around his closet, before he finally found his old pink sweater, usually he'd probably just say 'whatever' and just wear it, but when he remembered yesterday's event—how he felt an overwhelming joy upon seeing minkyung so happily guessing his 'favourite' colour, he suddenly felt—shy—to say the least, to wear it.

he checked the time on the clock hanging on the wall behind him, and his eyes widened, he must've spent too long in the shower because now he's only gonna have roughly 40 minutes before he officially becomes late for his morning class.

he grabbed a black t-shirt instead, quickly throwing the pink one back into the closet as he started grabbing his other school supplies quickly.

when he opened the door to his room, he immediately noticed minkyung slowly making her way out of her own room, he could tell she wasn't in much rush as compared to him. "oh hey," she lazily greeted, kunhang was somehow in awe looking at her messy hair, and also because it was the first time he had seen her without tying her hair, so the sight of her this time was a bit different than what he was used to.

"going to school already?" she asked, her eyes bore into kunhang's, he realised by now that he should stop checking her out and actually answer her. he nodded, and somehow looked hesitant as he did so. "yeah. yeah, i'm about to go—"

"aren't you gonna eat breakfast?" she asked, which once again, caught him off guard, "no. i'm... late." he said, and somehow sounded airy. "well, then," she paused, eyeing him up and down, "hold on." she smiled before running her way into the kitchen, kunhang watched her in confusion, wondering what's she even doing.

shortly after, she returned with a can of coffee in her hand, "here," she mumbled as she hand him the can, kunhang darted his eyes from the can to her, obviously he was gonna decline knowing that the drink is hers. "i–it's okay, minkyung, i can manage." he said, trying to sound as polite as possible.

"you need something to eat—or drink. you can't just go around monitoring dead bodies with an empty stomach, kunhang," she frowned, "so here," she added, she used her free hand to grab onto his wrist, and then quickly placed that can on his palm, which of course, caught him off guard again. his mouth was slightly parted as he just quietly stare at her in disbelief, "i'm really fine, tho—"