p ▮ seven

"you look great

"you look great."

"look at you! red suits you so much!"

"you look so cute in that dress."

"you're so beautiful!"

minkyung was starting to realise the many, many compliments that kept coming from kunhang's mouth. it started with a simple sunday, when she decided to go out with her friend. she asked kunhang if she looked alright or not, and he gave the warmest feedback one could ever asked for. of course she was shy a little, it wasn't always she gets a compliment from a cute boy.

it started becoming a habit to kunhang. she could be walking out with a towel wrapped around her hair and he'd still compliment. and each compliment made her heart flutter, and flutter.

she would be lying if she said that she didn't liked kunhang a bit — if she gave it a thought, she probably liked kunhang ever since they met. it wasn't his good looks that awed her, it was mainly his kindness. and it increased a lot more when he started giving her chinese lesson, the amount of patience he has for her was incredible.

but of course, she came to macau to study, as a get away from her crazy neighbourhood. she wouldn't want to come back with a boyfriend — she'll get called a whore again.

minkyung frowned, now that her head went back to her neighbourhood. she doesn't know when it had started, but crazy rumours spread around after her dick of a father left her and her mother — everyone said it was her fault, and that her own father couldn't stand her. all because she had a lot of guy friends.

she stopped being friends with them, of course, to lessen the embarrassment her mother had to go through, and because of that people believed that the rumour of her sleeping with all her boy friends were true.

"ugh. talk about about being wack. i was just fucking 14." she said to herself, in korean, kunhang had walked out of his room earlier before, and noticed that minkyung looked a bit off. and when he heard her talking in korean in a harsh tone, he wondered what she was thinking of.

debating whether he should ask her or not, he didn't realised that minkyung had already noticed him, so she gave him a smile. "oh hey." she smiled, kunhang's eyes darted to her's, raising both his eyebrows a bit, "hey." he said, slowly approaching her. "so, what were you doing looking so angry just now?" he asked. he didn't originally wanted to bother her about it, but he was lowkey panicking — trying to start a conversation.

"just... about my family." she sighed, kunhang was curious, he wondered if he was her limited chinese or if she really did mean family. because before, she never actually mentioned the word 'family', only her mother. "what's wrong?" he asked, hoping he wasn't making his roommate uncomfortable. she sighed once again, "it's just that... i don't have a good relationship with my dad, i guess? i don't know."

a look of regret washed over his face upon hearing her answer. it was obvious she didn't have the heart to go deep into the details, so he stayed quiet. he let his hand gently squeeze her shoulder, "you'll be fine." he said ever so gently. kunhang moved closer, finally figuring a way to lighten up the mood.

"as you know! i have three sisters," he began, minkyung nodded, already smiling upon seeing kunhang's lively expression. "my cousins would tease me because i would always hang out with my sisters as a kid, so when i told them, we would decide to gang up on them." he explained, laughing.

"that got us into trouble, and we would get timed out. which was a pretty horrible punishment as a kid." he giggled, "also! i have this one cousin that i hate, and he'd always ask if i would let him use my ps3, and every time, i would say no, and he'd start wailing." he continued.

"and then what happened?" minkyung asked, by now she had already have a grin plastered on her face, "i'd get my ass whooped!" he laughed, which also made minkyung laugh. "my mum would yell at me in canto, to let this cousin use the ps3." he added. "she would say, 'kunhang! that ps3 is not yours. i bought it with my money so you better let your cousins use it or i'll burn it!'"

they both burst into laughter again, minkyung wiping the tears from the corner of her eye, "asian mums." kunhang added, and giggled a bit. "when i was little, i went to hong kong," minkyung started. kunhang nodded, his eyes fixed on her while his chin rested on his palm. "and i remember riding the rollercoaster for countless of times because that was my first time trying it, and my dad would just go along and follow me." she let out a sigh, it didn't sound sad or frustrated.

"and i think that was the happiest memory i have of my dad." minkyung added, she gave kunhang a small smile, before dropping it. "hey," kunhang called softly, minkyung hummed as a response, which made him scoot closer to her. he brought both his hands up to the corner of her lips and softly stretched it into a smile, "don't frown like that, a smile looks beautiful on you." he said.

minkyung wasn't used to his compliments, still — in fact, she wasn't used to compliments at all. and because of that, she immediately gave kunhang a genuine smile, the embarrassed kind, she looked away, and kunhang chuckled upon seeing her like that. "minkyung, you're actually genuinely adorable." he admitted, his ears turning a little bit red upon realising what he had said.

"sorry — oh my god," he laughed awkwardly, minkyung finally registered what was happening and quickly reacted, "it's okay," she had a breathy laugh afterwards, and kunhang just stood there grinning a little, "you're giving me so many compliments these days," she stated, and watched as the boy's eyes widened.

"i–i am?" he asked, almost innocently, and minkyung nodded, "yeah! or maybe it's not really compliments?" she asked, a bit embarrassed she had assumed as such. kunhang immediately shook his head, "oh no! those aren't compliments," he paused, the girl had quietly cursed herself, and was finding ways to get the hell out of this awkward situation.

"those were facts." he winked.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

a/n: you know i'm trying to update more
frequently but wattpad is just
SO dead :(