II

Ahsoka jolted awake, eyes wide and any traces of sleep lost. Her husband was not beside her, his place on the bed cold and empty, but she could sense him across the ship. He was fine. He was not what woke her.

She looked around the room, knowing that though the air vents had kicked on, they were not the source, either. It was something different.

Ahsoka swung her legs over the side of the bed, placing bare feet on cold metal. Her bed-shirt went down to her thighs, shorts stopping just slightly below them, so she was decent. The kids would not be mentally scarred by seeing their mother nearly naked.

She slipped out of her quarters, feet silently crossing the floor, the quietness never disturbed, but almost everyone on the ship would know she was there anyway. The two twenty-year-old 'kids' were still asleep, as were the actual kids, all of them huddled together in the elder two's quarters. They had probably passed out watching holo-vids.

Ahsoka smiled a little as she passed the room, still hearing the quiet talking of the holo-projector, and she switched it off with a flick of her wrist. She continued down to the small hangar, fit for one or two small ships, and her montrals picked up the sound of her husband's tinkering, no doubt working on one of the younger's 'scrap speeders' used for market runs.

"Snips?"

Anakin slid out from under the speeder, a suspicious lack of oil on him for having been down there for at least a few hours. His face morphed into concern when he felt her slightly shaken presence, and he stood, walking over to hug her.

"Hey, what's up?"

It took only moments for Anakin's body to go stiff as he felt a tremor in the force.

"What was that?"

Ahsoka just shook her head, leaning into his frame.

"I don't know. I think it's what woke me up," she closed her eyes for a moment, sensing Anakin's presence. "What're you doing up?"

Anakin leaned his head on hers. "I couldn't sleep."

It was silent for a few moments, a rare bit of peace in their ever-busy lives.

"That feels like when Petro and Katooni were small."

Anakin closed his eyes, nodding. "It does. But it's not them or the twins." His eyes snapped open, wide as dinner plates. "What about the Ghost Crew?"

Ahsoka shook her head. "They don't have any young force-sensitives, unless they just collected one off the streets, which is extremely unlikely."

"But possible. They had that mandalorian kid, remember?"

"We're too far away to sense that. And we can't just go tell everyone that we're part of the Rebel Alliance."

Anakin just shrugged, pulling away to grab his lightsaber, knowing that if either of the twins got their hands on it he'd be in so much trouble. Ahsoka still looked lost in thought, and he almost got the feeling she wouldn't sense if a bantha was loose in the room.

That was when a tiny speck of a boy came walking into the room, equally as silent as his mother. Ahsoka silently held out an arm, and the kid slipped under it, head below chest height still. 

"You feel it too, Mom? Dad?"

Ahsoka sighed, nodding. Soon the whole ship would be awake, save for their grumpy clone commander.

"Luke," the boy's blue eyes stared up at hers. He was nine, and he looked like almost the spitting image of his father, save for the small splotch on his nose that was pure white. Her influence, she knew. Somehow, the twins looked a lot more human than togrutan, which she was almost glad for, because they were less likely to be kidnapped this way.

"Yes?"

"How about you go wake the others?"

Luke just hugged her tighter for a few seconds before nodding and dashing off, his feet light on the ship's durasteel floor, making no noise.

Anakin smiled after him.

"He's just like you," he murmured, turning his gaze over to his wife's.

"But he looks like you, at least."

---

A few moments later, a grumpy Leia was being dragged to the hangar, rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Mom, what's going- Oh, Dad you fixed it! Thank you!"

Suddenly the girl was wide awake, brown eyes courtesy of her grandmother wide open as she stared at the speeder. She, too, looked more human than togrutan, but she shared the same nose splotch with her brother, only it was upside down, making a complete circle when combined with her brother's.

Just like you, Ahsoka thought, smiling when Anakin heard her.

Katooni and Petro came in soon after the twins. Petro was still shorter than Anakin and Ahsoka, and Katooni was a good two inches shorter than him.

"Alright, I trust you all felt it?"

Everyone nodded. Everyone but Leia nodded.

"No. I didn't feel anything."

Anakin nodded. "Exactly. Leia, you and Uncle Cody are going to go investigate this, whatever it is. You can sense us, correct?"

Leia squinted, feeling the tiny thrums from all of the people around her and nodding.

"That's why you are going. Your presence isn't showy and hugely present like ours are, so you can slip in without endangering yourself, and Cody can be your legal guardian. This is a diplomatic mission only, and Cody already has the stats." Ahsoka glared at him from across the room, still angry at his, their, decision to send her baby, their baby, on a mission, even if it was only two systems away.

Leia, however, was ecstatic.

"I get to go on a mission?"

And there went the slight peace.

"I GET TO GO ON A MISSION!"

Leia didn't shut up for the rest of the night.

---

Hey guys! I'm back again, and this time not months or even weeks apart! :D

Hope you guys liked it, please let me know what you think!

-Starbird