IV

Cody crossed his arms as he stared at Anakin. 

"You're sending an eight year old into a war zone."

"No, actually. She's nine, and Ahsoka planned the mission so that it doesn't cross any areas that are worse off than where we are currently. Besides, we trust you with her."

Cody cracked a smile at that, shaking his head.

"I swear, I thought it would be a lot harder than this to take Leia away."

---

"She's not going."

Cody stared, deadpan, at Anakin. The man only rubbed the back of his neck as Leia looked up, her jaws open wide.

"What? But Mom!"

"No. You're not going. I don't know why I thought this would be okay in the first place."

"Mom!"

"I said no."

Leia huffed angrily, stomping off in what she probably thought was righteous fury. Luke looked from Ahsoka to Anakin before just turning and walking out of the room, his force presence as guarded as Obi-Wan's had been. Anakin's eyes trailed after the boy before he shrugged.

"That went well. Who're we sending now?"

"Me."

Anakin didn't look too pleased, but he nodded all the same.

"Okay. I'll watch the kids, then. Cody, you can stay here, if you want."

Cody nodded, humming, his helmet tucked under one arm.

"Sure. 'Sides, I could use more rest."

---

Ahsoka took in a deep breath as she stared out at the stars in hyperspace. It was peaceful, calming. It was nice.

She closed her eyes, reaching out with the force to her surroundings.

Her eyes instantly flew back open.

"Luke, get up here."

It was only a matter of seconds before the sounds of shuffling gave way to footsteps and then none other than Luke Skywalker standing next to the pilot's chair. Ahsoka turned around, an eyemarking raised as she stared down at him, his big blue eyes staring up defiantly.

"What are you doing here?"

"You aren't supposed to go on missions alone, Mom."

"And you thought you were allowed to go after I said your sister couldn't?"

Luke shuffled nervously in place, eyes drifting to the control panel.

"Lothal?"

"Luke."

Ahsoka just sighed before gesturing to the co-pilot's seat. Luke gingerly sat, perched like a little bird, his narrow build and skinny-yet-soft frame just highlighting how young he was.

"I'm not going to waste fuel turning around, so you're with me this time. You are going to obey everything I say, though, or else you are going to be training with Petro for a week."

Luke just nodded meekly, fingers lightly tracing the control panel. After a few minutes of silence, Luke looked back to his mother.

"Why are we going to Lothal?"

"We are going to go make a visit to a kid. Maybe you'll make a friend."

Luke looked at her suspiciously.

"A force-sensitive kid?"

Ahsoka nodded, ruffling his hair.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to nap. You are going to wake me up when we're out of hyperspace, okay?"

Luke just sighed, disappointment filling his signature.

"Nuh uh, you were the stow-away. Now will you wake me up when we get out of hyperspace?"

"Yes, Mom."

"Good." She kissed the top of his head before turning to the back of the ship. A bunk was in one of the walls, opposite to a holo-table and a refresher. A tiny kitchenette was next to the table, but it was obvious the ship wasn't made for long-term flights, and it was really only for one occupant. Now it would have one grown woman and a kid, but that kid was small.

Ahsoka sighed as she flopped back onto the bunk, curling up to sleep.