Chapter five; searching

Draco stood under a ledge hidden in the shadows, every instinct had led him here, but now they were telling him to run. But from where he stood he could see so much of the Ministry. And right now he was watching the love of his life run away from Yaxley, and he needed him. Draco quickly cast his disillusionment charm and followed the group as they ran. Granger holding Weasley and Harry apparated away, and Yaxley attempted to follow, but Draco grabbed the blond wizard and was suddenly on the front step to a dark house he knew was the previous headquarters of the Order. Draco was quick, bodyslamming Yaxley through the door, and flinging a precarious spell at the older wizard, rendering him unconscious. Draco rolled off the body and attempted to catch his breath. He had decided to take his own hostage to find out information on his sister, or who could've taken her. Finally, Draco worked his way to sitting and glanced at Yaxley, who lay in an awkward position on the floor, Draco was quick to stand and haul the body up tossing it over his shoulder, using trained Quidditch muscles to perform his task, and apparated on the spot, reappearing in the living room of his own home base, his sister's house. He was quick to set the body down, and tie it to a metal chair he had found in the cellar. He went about discarding his disguise and pouring a clear liquid down his captive's throat before waking him.

"Malfoy." The voice sneered as he woke up.

"Hello, Yaxley," Draco replied, taking a position against the wall, leaning back, arms crossed over his chest, looking relaxed. "Feeling alright? I was quite concerned that I had hit you too hard."

"You are such a disgrace to the Malfoy name," Yaxley growled.

"Like you know anything of being a Malfoy. But that's not why you are currently here." Draco shrugged and twirled his wand in his fingers, a menacing aura coming off his skin, dangerous enough to cause Yaxley to flinch slightly before righting himself.

"Then why am I here?" He asked, squaring his tied up shoulders, "Hoping to get in good with the Dark Lord?"Draco barked out a laugh, shocking his captive.

"Merlin, no. To hell with your pathetic Dark Lord." Draco laughed, before cutting the sound off abruptly. "I'm looking for my sister, who's been missing since June, during the fight at Hogwarts." Yaxley kept his mouth shut, looking at him with rage. "You can try and keep quiet, but I have ways of making you speak, and you can't tell me a lie." He finished, motioning to the potion equipment behind him.

" Veritaserum." Yaxley groaned out. "You couldn't have possibly brewed it."

"But I could, I was best in my Potions class under Severus Snape, and I am still a Malfoy," Draco said, unable to resist the luxury of fear that played across his captives face. "Now, do you know where my sister is?"

"No, I do not." Yaxley groaned.

"Do you know who took her?"

"Yes." Yaxley choked on the response.

"Who took my sister?"

"Stan Stunpike, who had infiltrated Hogwarts under the guise of Shane O'Connor, a Ravenclaw Headboy." Yaxley groaned again, his head falling back.

"He's a Death Eater?"

"Yes, he has played his rolls well, pretending to be under Imperio, but he is devoted."

"Why take her?" Draco asked, refusing to show any formidable emotion.

"The Dark Lord wanted her or you to use for information, but you were too hard to catch, and she knew Shane and didn't question his appearance, even though he finished school when she did." Yaxley coughed violently.

"Do you know who is 'questioning' her?" Draco asked, having to swallow his rage.

"Stan was, it was his duty. He was skilled in many forms of information gathering, and knew her best."