Chapter thirteen; awake

Her eyes took in the sight of Draco and Charlie, staring at her in shock, and then laughing hysterically. Her brother looked tired, his black jeans and shirt were wrinkled and he had dark circles under his grey eyes, his pale hair fell around his face. He looked haggard, but the light in his eyes was still there. Charlie looked much the same, his smile lighting up his tired face. While the two of them laughed, she gently pushed herself up and felt her muscles protest but she sat up, the room tilted slightly, but she did it, sat up, and leaned against the bed frame as the men in front of her finally stopped laughing and looked at her. 

"How're you feeling, Sia?" Draco asked, touching her hand delicately. She noticed how thin her hand seemed to look under his. 

"Hungry, and a little confused." She responded, looking around the pale blue room, she could catch the scent of the ocean from the open window. 

"I'll get you some food," Charlie said, placing a kiss on her other hand, and leaving the room quietly.

"You've been gone for a while, Sia." Draco supplied, sitting on the chair beside her bed. 

"How long?" She asked, and he sighed. 

"You vanished in May, it's almost March now." 

"Blimey." She whispered, looking at him. "What did I miss?" 

"We are in Bill and Fleur's cottage, they got married in July. The Ministry has fallen. Harry, Ronald, and Granger have been on the run, hunting Horcruxes. I've been hunting you down." He explained. 

"What about Hogwarts?" She asked, wondering about Albus. 

"Snape is the headmaster, he killed Dumbledore the night you were taken."

"Oh." She whispered, confusion filling her mind at the thought of Snape's betrayal. It didn't make sense. She let out a breath and looked past Draco out the window with a sigh. "Draco, can you help me outside?" She asked a sudden need to be out of a room filled her. His eyes widen, but he nodded and stood. She tossed the blanket off, revealing black sweats and a hand-knitted green Weasley sweater with a black A on it, and she felt her heart warm slightly at the thought of Molly. Draco bent down, sliding his arms under her knees and behind her back, lifting her with ease as he maneuvered her toward the door, she reached down and opened it. She was welcomed with the scent of fresh food, and saltwater. She saw no one as he carried her towards a door, and she reached down and opened it like before, opening the door to the outside world. The sun was covered by slightly clouds, and the sounds of the waves crashing filled her ears. Draco knelt down and placed her in a large chair, so she could see the vast ocean. It filled her with a sense of peace and made her world fill right. Draco sat in the chair beside her and didn't speak, he looked out at the ocean. 

"They tortured me, constantly. I never saw or heard anything. I knew by instinct when one of them came in, I could feel the rage they carried." She began softly, aware that someone was standing by the door. "They probed at my mind, trying to get my secrets and Order secrets. I could feel everything, but I was able to separate myself from the pain, it's probably what kept me sane. I imagined a place like this, peaceful and quiet. With you, Harry, and Charlie." She said as tears filled her eyes. "I was horrified by the idea of never seeing any of you again. Not seeing you, Harry, Hermione, Charlie, the Weasley's, mum. I dreamed of it all." She whispered, and let out a breath.

"Sia..." Draco whispered, his voice cracking in pain. She let out a sound and looked at his tear-filled eyes. 

"Thank you, my sweet, loving, little brother. For coming after me, for rescuing me, for bringing me somewhere safe, for always being by my bedside." She said, taking his hand in hers, and kissing the top of it.

"I almost wasn't able too." He whispered, his voice struggling. "I did somethings, Sia. I used the imprisonment spell on dozens of Death Eaters, keeping them imprisoned as I sent them off to You-Know-Who."

"Oh, Draco." She whispered squeezing his hands. "That isn't as bad as the things that Vold-" Charlie's hand suddenly appeared, covering her mouth.

"His name has a taboo on it if you say it, it'll tell him and his followers exactly where we are," Charlie explained as she nodded and he moved his hand, setting a bowl of soup on the table beside her. "Eat." He whispered, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "There are some people who want to see you." He nodded towards the end of the porch, where Harry was staring at her open-mouthed, and his green eyes filled with tears. She smiled brightly and held open her arms from her chair, and he rushed her. Falling to his knees, he wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face in her lap, as his body shook with sobs. 

"Oh, my sweet, young Harry Potter." She murmured as she ran her hand in his unruly, black hair. She rubbed his back as he cried in her lap. Asteria looked down at the young boy in her lap, feeling the pain in his body. He had lost so much, too much for someone of his age. Not even 18 years old, and tossed into a war that shouldn't be his problem. She could understand Draco's anger from earlier. 

"I didn't know if you'd ever come back, I thought I'd lost you." He whispered against her legs, and she felt the tears in her eyes. 

"You will not lose me, Harry. And I'll always come back to my darling brothers." He looked up at her, eyes wide. "You are as much my brother as Draco, and I will always be here. I'm so sorry I got lost for a little while, but I finally made my way back to you." She touched his cheek, wiping away his tears. 

"I love you, Asteria." He whispered, and she smiled, pulling his face in and pressing a tender kiss to his forehead. 

"And I you, my sweet boy." She responded as she pulled away. She looked at Draco, and gave him a smile. "And you as well." She took a hand of Harry, and touched Draco's face as well, wiping a stray tear off his pale face.