Chapter 11 pt. 1

Sorry for the long ass wait. I dont really have an excuse. But im back into the flow if my shitty writing so the wait shouldnt be too long. Umm anything else? Oh the 12th is my birthday. So yay me ig. The chappys are going to be a bit shorter than usual because I have to not be lazy and just use another script so sry. But the rest shouldnt be this short. Anyway enjoyy or dont. Thats fine with me.

Damian knocked on the wooden door. It was in the late afternoon and he had avoided Y/n all day. But now he had come to terms with the fact today they would end the relationship they had. If you would even call it that. The boy could not believe it was over. He knew it was messed up, she was basically his slave - his property. And Y/n was so much more than that. To him she was perfect, strong, smart, funny, and beautiful. Would he meet anyone like her ever again?

No one answered so Damian knocked again. Worry flooded his mind like a hurricane but quickly died down once the door opened. The latest Robin silently sighed in relief. Y/n sat in her chair, her hair was not brushed but not crazy messy either. The girl warrior was in a large tee-shirt that she must have worn to bed. The creases ran up her stomach to under her arm indicating she was moving in her sleep. As bottoms, yoga pants that showed the exact shape of her legs and a fresh pair of black (fav. Sneaker brand)s.

"Good afternoon," Y/n greeted.

Damian cleared his throat and nodded in response, afraid of what he might say. The air was thick and the heavy atmosphere made all the tension multiply by five.

"Do you have the knife?" Damian nodded at her question. "Good we can begin-"

"Can we go outside?" the boy cut in. Despite knowing it would be useless he wanted to procrastinate for as long as possible. Y/n looked at her fiance up and down to quickly examine him. He seemed fine, posture straight, jaw set, eyes narrow as always.

What is he doing?

"There is no need. Just recite the words and then I can return to my book."

Damian was taken back by her answer but refused to show it. He lifted his shirt to reveal the dagger sheathed. He took a silent breath and visualized the words Slade once wrote down.

"I," he started. Y/n's stomached bubbled. " Damian al Ghul," the bracelet's light started to dim. "Heir to the Demon's Head," Y/n closed her eyes. "Annual our marriage," she opened her eyes in hope to see - to feel - change. There was nothing.

She reached to her wrist to pull the jewelry off. It wouldn't. The flat styled bracelet stayed in its place. The two looked at it in confusion. Damian hid the guilt filled smile forming in his face and Y/n clenched her jaw in attempt to shield her disappointment.

"You can go now," she spun around and bit her lip. Tears grew in the corner of her eyes as she rolled herself into the room once more.

Damian didn't want to smile. That would be inappropriate and rude. But on the contrary, Y/n wouldn't be leaving. He knew it was cruel of him to even consider being the slightest bit happy but a part of him was slightly thankful.

I can't do anything about it now. Should have known better than to trust Wilson's work.

He walked to the stairs and inspected the knife.

But why didn't it work?

He looked back at Y/n's door. She was most likely crying. After S/n's death Damian saw her cry for the first time. He knew she cried before - when she was first taken under the League's wing - but he never saw her. The way the tears fell of her cheeks like raindrops haunted him.

Damian mentally scolded himself for taking enjoyment out of the situation and decided he must ignore his past thoughts. He had to help, he had to figure it out. He never wanted to make Y/n cry again.

Throughout the next hour Damian reviewed the information he gathered on the knife and bracelet. He said exactly what he needed to say. The knife was not a replica. The bracelet was real.

"Why won't you work?!" he growled at the knife. Damian grit his teeth in frustration.

Anger built up and the only was to keep it in check was to fight.

---

Damian stepped out if the elevator and entered the Batcave. The cold, damp air filled his lungs. Despite it being a cave, the room was very bright. The Batcomputer lit up most of the space. The light from the costume displays filled the stairway and the lights from the vehicle spaces helped as well. Grunts could be heard from the distance. Damian walked to the railing and saw his adoptive brother training by himself.

"You going to stand there or are you gonna fight me?" Dick called out. Damian smirked and jumped over the ledge.

The two sparred, dodging the other's attack and trying to locate their weakness. Damian swung his sword and clashed it with Dick's batons. The fight made its way to the stairs and then to the walkway. The boy flipped over and hit his opponent from behind. Dick sped up the stairs to return the hit.

"So, I've been talking to Y/n," Dick spoke up. As he stopped fighting to wipe the sweat from his forehead. "You're in the doghouse man."

Damian rolled his emerald eyes. "Shut up Grayson," he crossed his arms. Normally he would brush Dick's comment but something made him dig deeper. "Why?"

Dick looked at Damian in disbelief. "Because she hates you right now. But she also just hates a lot of things right now." Damian did not seem satisfied with that answer. "Damain, she just lost her sister after putting up with a demon from hell to protect her."

"What do you mean?"

"Ra's didn't tell you?" Damian shook his head. "Ra's originally picked S/n to be your...wife. Y/n pulled a Hunger Games and took her place. After slapping Ra's of course. I thought your grandfather would have told you that. Well Y/n thinks because she was forced to kill her sister it's your fault."

"'My fault'?! That's stupid! Why would I kill S/n? I wouldn't do that to Y/n."

Dick chuckled. "Lil' D," Damian interrupted with a quick 'don't call me that'. "You have a strange way of showing affection. I mean you're rude to her, and don't give a crap about anyone and I know that is only half of your fault. Plus she thinks you hate her so there's that." Damian sighed annoyed that Dick was right. "Do you want my advice? Just listen to her. Tell her the truth. People appreciate that."

Damian huffed and looked away. "Well it doesn't matter anymore. She probably hates me even more now." Dick raised an eyebrow. "I tried to get the bracelet off but I couldn't. I don't know what I did wrong."

"At least you tried. What did you do exactly?" Damian explained he recited what Slade thought he was supposed to say but it did not work. The jet black haired man looked at the boy. "Of course the Divorce Dagger wouldn't work. You're not married." Damian's eyes grew wide.

How could I be so stupid? We're only engaged. The dagger doesn't end engagements it ends marriages.

Dick laughed at Damian's expression. "Looks like we have a wedding to plan."