Chapter 11 pt. 2

"You doing good kid?"

Y/n silently gulped. Her face scrunched as she tugged the jewelry away from her neck. Her hair was done up, smoothed down and pinned. The long sheer cloth with lace fell behind her and over her shoulders. The (color) dress hugged her torso and flattened against her legs, the only creases forming due to her sitting position. She observed herself in the large mirror. The look didn't seem natural. Or perhaps it was her facial expression. Anyone who heard of her situation would think she should be angry or sad. Instead she felt...

"Broken," Y/n filled the silence. She looked at Dick who stood behind her. He was previously fixing her hair, spraying chemicals to make it look perfect despite her multiple protests. "I look broken Richard. After all these years, all the pain and misery I have gone through, this is when I break."

The man leaned down and rested his large hands on her seemingly delicate shoulders. "At least you look pretty."

"That seems inappropriate due to the large age difference between us."

Dick laughed. His posture shaking slightly with breath. "Kid, I'm your best and only friend. I'm not hitting on you, just words of encouragement."

"Alfred's my friend too. Don't put yourself on a pedestal just because you did my makeup."

"Well, what can I say?" He smiled, "every bride deserves to be beautiful on her wedding day. Even in this situation."

A knock came from the door. Y/n's mouth went dry. She had ten minutes to get to the altar. Ten minutes before she gambled for her freedom. A heavy ball formed in her chest.

Everything happened to fast this week. Her sister's funeral was painful, the wedding arrangement seemed almost impossible to do, and meeting Oliver Queen was nerve wracking. The conversation with Damian was possibly the most awkward thing she had ever encountered.

He knocked on her door for the second time that night. Damian figured he shouldn't waste anymore time. She deserved the truth. There was time to back out. To resume the relationship between them forever. Almost like they were married. But it wasn't right.

Mentally scolding himself, Damian let himself inside. The room was dim but bright enough to see. Y/n was reading her book ignoring him.

"I don't want to speak with you Damian," the bracelet stung her but it was worth it.

He rolled his eyes and interrupted her, "We need to get married."

Y/n was taken back by his statement. "What?"

"If you want the dagger to work, we need to get married. It's simple. I already found a pastor who was formally in the League. He agreed to marry us in exchange for not going to prison. He has a dress he can tailor to fit you. By next week we can be married then I will use the Horchis Dagger. We can't tell him the plan, it's against his beliefs, but that should not be a problem."

The plan seemed perfect. All Y/n had to do was agree. But she could tell something was wrong. After knowing someone for years you learn to read them. Especially if the plan was to be together forever.

"There's something you're not telling me, isn't there?" She accuses.

He inhaled sharply and licked his chapped lips. "There is still the chance the dagger does not work. If it doesn't, I am unsure if the bracelet will allow us to divorce like...average people."

"By 'allow' you mean it could kill me right?" She took his silence as an answer. Nodding after a minute, Y/n had made up her mind. "Well then, beloved, let's get married."