Chapter 1

"So are you ready for the school tour?"

Alice turned around when she hears the voice coming from the person sitting across her. The handsome man smiles ever so sweetly at her and for a mere second she swore her heart might have stopped because there is no way this man is 49 years old, and yet, looking very young.

"Oh yes, I am. Sorry I'm just-"

"It's okay, that's normal", he cuts in. "First day of school always gets you trailing back to home doesn't it? But do not worry too much, I will try my best to make you feel at home here. Shall we go and tour around the school?"

Alice stares at him for a moment, still in daze and in doubt of how exactly this man looks as he stopped aging when he turned 30. His skin seems to glow, not a hint of aging on his extremely handsome face and most importantly, the energy around him that is so strong it makes her feel as if she is being pulled towards his presence.

"Alice?"

Head quickly flicking up, she realized the man is already at the door, one hand holding the heavy wooden door open for as he politely gesture her to follow him out.

She follows him as closely as possible, feeling out of place at this new place. This academy is the one her beloved aunt told her a month ago and her she everlasting wish for her niece to enroll here instead of the normal schools that they have back in their peaceful hometown.

Suddenly, she wishes she is back in the comfort of her own home but then, remembering the adventurous blood that runs in her veins, she must do what she has to. Snapping out her thoughts, she realized they are standing in front of a door and before she could even speak, the elderly man gently pats her back.

"Alright, please wait here. Let me get student rep to help you with the tour", he offers an assuring smile. "He will-"

"Wait, what? You are not going to be with me?"

He shook his head and smiles. " No my dear, I have a meeting to attend to, I'd love to but I think the student rep will be a better tour guide compared to me"

Alice watches as he knocks on the brown door in front, waited for a few seconds before he finally opens the door wide enough for her to see the room.

To her surprise, a gush of wind blows through her and the man beside her, sensing the sweet smell of sweet pea gracing their nostrils. While bathing in the comforting smell, Alice scans the the spacious room in front of her, noticing a few expensive mahogany tables neatly arranged in the middle, tall shelves lined along the tall walls, there painting canvases hung on the empty space between the shelves and to her surprise, there is little coffee pantry cutely sitting beside the work desk just beside the big stained glass.

There a few female students standing near one of the shelves on her right, busy arranging the books before all of them turn to greet the man, their headmaster. At another corner stands a silver-haired man, very lean and undeniably tall and for some odd reasons, he skin seems to glow despite the lack of light bouncing off him.