Chapter 5

Alice could not keep her focus during class, constantly being sucked into her thoughts until the last period ended. She did not even realize the teacher left the class. Not until Lameah came to her side, pinched her waist as she takes the seat beside her. Luiza appears in front of her, placing a stack of her books on the table.

"We need to talk about last night", Luiza presses her lips, eyes filled with worries.

"We cannot talk here", Lameah scans the classroom with wary eyes. "Let's go to the library"

They manage to slip into one of the private discussion rooms at the upper floor of the big library. Lameah slides a very thick and old-looking book onto the big wooden table, flipping the pages with utmost focus.

"Page 134, Lameah", Luiza scoots to her side.

Alice's eyes shift from Lameah and Luiza simultaneously, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I am very much lost here. What is going on?"

"Alice, don't you feel...weird about last night? Namjoon and his friends? In the forest? Late at night?"

Alice's eyebrows furrow even more, but she says nothing.

"Last night was not the first time we saw them. Me and Lameah I mean. We saw them many times. Same place, same time", Luiza crosses her arms as she leans back onto her chair, sighing heavily to herself. "Why at night though"

"Found it", Lameah says excitedly. "See, this is the page. The theories"

"Theories?", Alice leans forward to have a better look at the page Lameah is referring to. "Of what?"

"Vampires do exist"

"And Vampire Hunters exist too", Luiza adds.

Alice's mouth falls open in surprise, her brain barely even registering the words she just heard. Not that she is surprised vampires and vampire hunters exist. She knows about them way more than the two of them for sure. But it caught her off guard to hear those words coming from them.

"I need an explanation", she shrugs, feigning innocence.

"Tell her", Lameah nudges Luiza's shoulder.

"Okay", Luiza takes a deep breath as she pushes herself up, leaning both arms on the table and looking straight into Alice's eyes. "3 weeks ago, I was on my way to the principal's office to hand in my approval letter. It was quite late...around 9 in the evening. The area was almost empty, only a few staff lingerie around. I was alone of course. Then, I overheard Dr.Jung, and our RA, Mister Kim Seokjin talking"

"You have yet to meet our RA, have you not?", Lameah interrupts.

"No, not yet"

"Back to the story", Luiza continues. "They were talking about something called a 'moonchild' or a 'lost child'"