~1~

"And Now! What you've all be waiting for! THE FLYING GRAYSONS!" The ringmaster yelled as the crowd erupted with claps and screams of joy.

The famous Graysons stood on the ledge, waiting for the spotlight to be shone on them so they could be seen. Making small costume fixes, before they preformed.

"Ok Richard I know you don't like wearing the mask. But it's the like our whole family has a secret identity!" Mary Grayson said in a cheerful tone. Richard, who preferred to be called Dick, took the soft fabric into his hands. He played with it in his fingers before pressing it to his eyes. He smiled big up at his mother, ready for the performance. The family pulled into a hug, as they did before every performance, then waited.

The spotlight moved from the ringleader and onto the trio. Their smiles growing as they waved to the electrified crowd. When the music began the parents leaped. Soaring through the sky as if it was water. The youngest Grayson watching from the ledge, awaiting his time to shine while watching his parents in awe. After a few minutes of pure grace, it was time for the boy to leap into his mother's arms.

He took a step back so he could get in a good jump. Then, the unthinkable, became the main topic.

The cords that carried the acrobats in the air snapped. Sending the parents of Dick Grayson plummeting to their inevitable doom.

The face of shock and horror that was etched on the twos face forever seared into their son's mind. The two hugged together in their final moments and shut their eyes. Then a sickening crack rang through the tent.

The two laid on the ground, motionless. There once free flowing bodies bent out of place. Arms popped out of sockets and necks bent backwards. Legs twisted the wrong way and spines crushed.

It was a sight no one, let alone an eight-year-old, should see.

But Dick Grayson had.

Dick Grayson had just watched his parents die before his eyes. He raced down the podium he had once been standing on and ran to his parents. He stood by their mangled bodies, just staring. He dropped to his knees, silent tears rolling down his cheeks.

Even though the whole tent was filled with sounds, screams of terror and people rushing to get their kids away from the graphic scene. It as silent to the boy. All he heard was the sickening crack of their bones on repeat. He watched as they embraced for the last time. He watched as they fell over and over.

Still the boy sat motionless. His mind caving in on itself. Then he snapped back into reality.

"Tata. . .mama (Dad. . .mom)." He breathed out. Then he broke down and awful sobs racked his body. He leaned over the two bodies and hugged them, crying harder when he heard bones inside of them move around. He screamed and begged them to come back. But the horrible truth had finally set in.

They weren't coming back.

Though Dick knew how death worked, he wished, oh how he wished, it would make an exception just for him. But it didn't. His parents still lay dead as dirt on the ground.

"Boy." A man said from behind Dick. The boy slowly turned away from his parents bodies and looked up the man. He was tall and looked very formal. He wore a suit even though he was in a circus.

"Come here." The man commanded. Dick stood and walked up to him. "I am Ra's come with me if you'd like to avenge your parents." Dick wasn't 100% sure if he should go with Ra's. But he seemed sort of friendly. And it wasn't like he had anywhere else to go. The man, Ra's, held out his hands for the boy to grab. Dick took it and walked away from the only home he ever knew. Unaware that it was his greatest mistake.

Would ya look at that. It's the beginning of a new story. And I think I'm gonna like writing it!