~14~

Normal POV

"So, he likes hugs." Flash said quietly with a small smile.

The Justice League was once again talking about the assassin in their mist. R, obviously.

Batman nodded, "I'm guessing the League of Assassin's didn't give those out to often."

It was a depressing bit of information. You wouldn't think a group of assassins would show a kid affection and genuinely love them. But finding it out and seeing how much the kid loves it, puts perspective on things.

"So, the kids gone without affection for . . . who knows how long?" Black Canary said. Batman just nodded again.

~

"Team come to the training room." Batman announced throughout the large mountain. The group of young heroes walked into the room. They walked up to Batman, ready for him to tell them what he had to say.

All he said was, "Stay here." Then walked out.

"Alrighty then, Batman." Wally said as he watched the Dark Knight walk out, leaving behind 5 confused teens.

"-to do this!" A quiet voice shouted. The teens looked towards the doorway, fearing who the Caped Crusader may be bringing in.

And their dreads were correct. Batman walked back into the room, holding the arm of (and dragging in) the baby hitman.

"You all will be sparring today." Batman said monotone as ever. All the teen heroes slowly looked down at the hired gunman who was fuming with anger.

"I don't want to do this." R declared stubbornly, snatching his arm out of Batman's grasp.

Batman looked down at him, "You don't really have a choice." A ghost of a smirk on the Gothamite's face.

It did nothing for R's already present annoyance.

R looked down and started mumbling words under his breathe. Batman pulled out a small black box that had a single button and pressed it. A small jolt of electricity ran through R, making him yelp and jump a little.

"I didn't even do anything!" He shouted at the Caped Crusader. Batman actually gave the smuggest smirk ever seen.

"You were thinking about it." R crossed his arms, a childish pout on his lips.

"Is Black Canary coming to instruct us during training?" Kaldur asked, polite as ever.

Batman shook his head. "No, I'll be watching today. In case of any . . ." His voice faded out. "Difficulties."

"You're not telling me I have to fight these baby leaguers, are you?" R scowled, placing a hand on his hip.

Batman nodded, "Yes, you are. And we're also going to teach you how to fight non-lethally."

R scoffed, "I don't need to be taught anything from you bunch."

"So, you can fight without causing injury?"

"Yes. Yes, I can."

"Show us than," Batman said. "Would you mind, Kaldur?" The Atlantean shook his head and stepped forward.

Batman turned towards R. "Your goal is to get the other on the ground, that's it. Understood?"

"Yeah Yeah, Batsy." R said, waving the hero off.