~15~

Dick's POV

Hey look! I'm in the same position I go to in every single chapter of this bland story! On the hard, concrete floor of this dusty cell. Can't I do something else author? Like hang from the cieling or something?

I mean I know I'm no two-shoe Peter Parker, but I could be a good Spiderman. Or that other Spider guy, the assassin-y one, I'd do good with that one.

This floor is COLD! Why am I always laying here! Can't I jus-

A knock on the door interrupted my absolutely fabulous thought. How dare they.

"Hey, uhhh, R?" Hey, it's the speedster! My favorite.

"Do you require my services, Wallace, or are you just here to bug me?"

There was shuffling outside the door, "Uhh. no, I think. I- the team was thinking about watching a movie and Batman said we could let you out under supervision. Y'know, just so you could get out of there for a bit." He rushed out, words moving almost as fast as his feet.

"A movie, huh?" I could either, a) continue to sit on this crummy floor by myself. Or b) get out of here, but have to be surrounded by a bunch of loud-mouth teen heroes.

"It'll be a comedy, if that means anything." Comedies are funny, hopefully they have good taste in movies.

I stood up, "Can you open the door?" I asked, standing in front of the solid door that I've tried kicking down like 7 times.

There were some beeps and the door slid open. The hero dressed in civilian clothing stood there, eyeing me down nervously.

"Like what you see?" I smirked, placing a hand on my hip. He face went as read as his hair and he quickly looked away.

"Let's go." He turned and started speed walking to their living room. The entire little league was seated somewhere on the big green couch.

I glanced back over at the doorway, maybe the floor wasn't so bad.

"Your here!" The martian exclaimed, smiling kindly. Guess I've already got myself a groupie, cool. I saw Artemis slip Wallace a bill (probably a $5 dollar one) I guess she didn't think I'd be coming here.

"Yup," I walked over the the island that wasn't far away from that long couch, seriously, where'd they get one that big?

"Are you not going to sit down, my friend?"  Kaldur asked, looking at me oddly as I leaned against the island.

"Not really one for crowds, fishy." I decided to hop up on top of the island. I'm not standing for an hour and a half.

"Are you sure?" The Martian asked sweetly. Looking over at me innocently.

"She's so innocent. Probably gullible too." I stared the green girl down, unnecessarily suspicious.

"If you don't wanna sit near us, you could sit at the other end of the couch." She suggested, flashing me a pleading smile.

The other heroes were watching me now. Faces almost blank, except for the small positive or negotiate emotions meant for me hidden underneath.

I slumped my shoulders, she's lucky this counter isn't that comfortable. "Fine." I hopped off the island and walked to the far end of the couch. Sitting on top of the armrest and pulling one knee up to my chest.

They stared at me for a moment longer, "What?" I glared lightly at them, making them turn away, some muttering small apologies.

It was silent after that, Wally rushed to put the movie in to kill the awkwardness that had filled the room.

The pointless movie began, and I started questioning why I got off the floor this morning.

"Well that movie was stupid." Artemis said, stretching as she stood.

"Glad to know you guys have good taste." I said under my breathe to know one in particular. I flipped off the arm rest, showing off my skills a little, and stretched too.

The dang on movie was two hours long and completely pointless. It was begging for laughs, and trying to hard to be funny. Not a good movie trope.

Throw a couple of corny puns and a 4th wall break  in, and maybe it could've been somewhat decent. But no one ever ask me how to make a good movie.

I started walking towards the hallway. Ready to start my never ending cycle of staring at the ceiling.

And I was half-way there! I was so so close to being alone! Away from having to socialize! But nooooooo! Mr. Fish Legs had to go and stop me!

"Would you like to stay? M'gann has made cookies and she'd like you to try one." Why? Why would I want to eat a cookie that she probably burned?

I turned around, "What kind of cookie is it?" CURSE MY LOVE FOR SWEETS!

"I do not know, she said she was trying a new recipe."

"Fine, but I'm eating 2, stealing 2, then going back to my cell thingy." Kaldur smiled and turned around to walk back towards the kitchen. I followed.

We made to the island, and I saw 9 cookies on the tray. I quickly grabbed 4, then turned to walk away again.

And, again, Kaldur'ahm followed me. I threw my head back with a groan.

"I pretty sure your the only one who wants me over there." I sang, still walking away.

"Sadly, I don't believe you are wrong." Kaldur said solemnly, still trailing behind me.

"So why are you still following me? Want an autograph?" 

"I was instructed to lock your door when you went back to your room." I hummed, somebody had to do it.

Thus our awkward walk continued all the way to my 10 by 10 cell. I stopped outside the door, before sighing and walking in.

I turned towards the doorway and looked at the atlantean for a minute. He stared back.

"Here." I held out one of the cookie, Kaldur stared at it before taking it slowly. "I'm not supposed to eat that many, I get a sugar high. And the speedster probably ate them all before you got one."

Kaldur smiled at me with the sickeningly kind smile. Bleh! "Thank you, my friend."

"And uh, sorry, about sparring the other day." I stuttered, sounding like some sort of dweeb named Wallace.

Fish legs didn't reply for awhile so in some sort of panic I blurted out, "I- Batman, I thought-told. I told Batman I'd apologize. For messing up- he said I wasn't supposed to choke you out or something." I groaned, angry I couldn't get out what I wanted to get out. "Just go."

"Thank you for the apology." Kaldur (YET AGAIN!) smiled, nodding a head of . . . praise? Thanks maybe? He closed the door, and I was left to think of how much of a failure I was yet again.

"Am I special or what?" I rolled my eyes and shoved a cookie in my mouth.

HEY! I UPDATED! MAYBE MY WRITERS BLOCK IS DYING!!

I'm so mad I can't get updates out in all seriousness. I love writing but for some dumb reason! My brain and fingers refuse to let me do just that!

But whatever! I wrote today and updated! Like a good little writer. Let's hope I can do it again soon. And with my other stories . . .

HAVE A STAR STELLAR DAY WEEK MONTH AND YEAR!