NOT Prince Charming (1)

Kay so quick note: you're described as kinda a goth/emo badass in this, so like if that's not you, bear with me or just kinda focus on the parts you like. If you are similarly described to this character, then hell yeah me too lol. Also, do keep in mind that I'm changing this story up a little bit, by the means that Greed does not share a body with Ling. He is in his original body and this story has nothing to do with FMA. Your name is also Jordyn, aged 28, to make this an original character. I hope this doesn't make things less good for you guys. Please enjoy

"We're done Jack, I don't need a Prince Charming! Stop trying to swoop in and save me from my problems! I don't care if you think my friends are a bad influence. There's a reason they're my friends and not yours! I don't care if you think I need more money. I'm content with what I have, so stop trying to keep giving me more. AND FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME, STOP ACTING LIKE MY BROTHER IS PURSUING ME!" With that I slammed the door on my now-exboyfriend's condo. The one he'd been insisting I  move into, because I "deserved more space than just an appartment."

I got in my big pickup truck, the one he'd insisted I replace, and drove home so angry, steam was practically coming from my ears. He'd treated me like a delicate child for the two years we'd been together.

Not only was I a blackbelt in multiple styles of martial arts, I was also exceptional with throwing knives (I was great at most things to do with knives), I was also the leader of a one-time top secret mission for the army, I knew all the pressure points in a person's body, I was into hardcore music, the scariest thing I'd ever survived was myself (I'd been a very depressive and suicidal teen), my wardrobe consisted mostly of black and grey, with the occasional red or blue, I used to be a biker, and I could hold my liquor better than most men. Most of all, I'd been born a very independent person.

None of these things described Jack. In fact, he was the very opposite. He knew nothing about martial arts, couldn't throw a knife, sure as hell couldn't load a gun (he wasn't knowledgeable about anything violent, and he certainly didn't know how to use a person's pressure points to his advantage), he'd had a very happy childhood which was free of mental issues, he found my type of music "scary," he wore every color of the rainbow at least twice a week, he wanted nothing to do with motorcycles, and he most definitely did not drink more than a single shot of tequila at the strongest. If anything, he usually stuck to a single beer, and would make it last a whole night. Lastly, he was NOT independent. I doubted he knew the meaning of the word.

We'd both found each other intriguing, for the express reason that we were both very different. But as time went on, we found that there were very few things we had in commons besides being human and living on the same planet.

I slumped onto my bed. After about 5 minutes of laying there facedown in a pillow, I heard the telltale ding of a text from my phone. I groaned in frustration.

"This had better not be Jack. If he thinks I'm gonna answer him, I hope he enjoys dissapointment." But I was pleased to see that it was not Jack, but my friend Greed. 

As far as Greed went, he was like a version of me, but on crack. I unlocked my phone and read the text.

Aye Jordyn, the Wolves are wanting to go to North Beach this weekend. You down?

I thought for a minute. It was Thursday, so it's not like this was entirely last minute. I was self employed (I was an artist on many levels. I did tattoos, paintings, jewelry, designed ads, etc.), and my cat Lucifer was almost as independent as ne, besides nightly cuddling. He'd be fine on his own for a couple days.

To the wolves, "the weekend" usually meant between 3 and 4 days. "The Wolves" was what my friends and I referred to ourselves as. Mostly because we'd all been a group since highschool, and everyone had subconsciously sorted into a hierarchy or sorts. Other students at Jaiel High had started referring to our group by names like the Wolves and the Pack in freshman year, and we adopted both titles.

I was the sort of "Alpha" and I shared that position with Greed. Next was Jay, who was a second in command of sorts. There were also the "Betas" which consisted of Marie, Faith, Jaxon, Dorien, and Krystal. We were all the punky rocker types, and got along well. I replied to Greed's text.

Hell yeah I'm down. I dumped Jack so there's not much to tie me down at the moment. Tell the Pack they should get ready. Also ask Jax if he can bring the bus so we don't have to take separate cars.

Jax had a party bus. That was what he did, among other things. He was also self employed. Most of the Pack was.

You broke up with Jack? It's about time. Now you won't have to attempt explaining his crazy antics anymore. Also, I'm bringing a tent so don't bother bringing one. Just bring lots of blankets.

As I read Greed's message, I couldn't help but be relieved about the breakup myself. Jack was always dragging me off to things as an attempt to cut down on my time with the Wolves. I could finally do things on my own again with no one to stop me. And with any luck, I'd get closer to Greed. He'd never liked Jack, and Jax had told me why. Greed wanted me. Well, if he wanted me, he could have me.

I realize this is coming off on a slow start. I intend for this to be a multiple part story, so stay tuned :). You also may notice that I used first person instead of second perspective to narrate the story just to change things up a bit. The next part will be coming out tomorrow, along with another one-shot. I'll also be starting a whole new book, so be sure to check that out. Byeeeeee