Chapter Two

My first day at Trinity High finally ended at three o'clock pm. I stopped by my locker in the third hall and gathered my belongings. I was beyond tired by the time I closed my locker. Today has been so stressful trying to manage a new schedule and making new friends. No one told me exchanging schools during your senior year would be so difficult.

I walked to the front of the school with my white backpack on both of my shoulders and my journal in my left hand. True to his word, Harry was standing out front with keys in his hand.

"Finally. You took too long." He started to walk towards a classic black camaro. 

"Sorry, I had to gather my stuff." I said looking down, not moving from my spot. I heard a car door open and I looked up to see Harry staring directly at me. "What?" I asked, wondering why he was looking at me. I looked at my clothes to make sure there wasn't anything on my sweater or my jeans.

"Are you coming?" He asked, slightly chuckling at my confusion. My cheeks went to a crimson as I walked to the door. 

"Sorry," I mumbled shyly. He smiled and led me into the car.

"You shouldn't be sorry." He closed the door after I was fully in the seat. He joined me in the car and turned the music on. Fleetwood Mac was playing through the stereo. That's when I remembered.

"Oh darn!" He looked at me and chuckled at my choice of words. 

"What?" He started to pull out of the school's parking lot.

"My boyfriend was supposed to pick me up and I forgot to tell him that we had a project." I was starting to worry. What if he saw me with Harry? "He's gonna be mad.." I pulled out my phone and began to text Brandon.

"Boyfriend eh?" Harry looked over at me, but I was too busy freaking out over Brandon to notice. "Belle?" I looked up at Harry and he was smirking.

"Sorry what?"

Harry laughed. It was a beautiful sound. Kind of like a melody. I won't admit it to anyone else, but he was utterly gorgeous. The way his deep British accent goes through my ears. His curly chocolate hair that he always fidgets with. Oh and don't forget his striking face structure. His jaw like could cut diamonds and the way his dimples prominently show whenever hes laughing at me or when he's smirking at me is a plus.

But what am I? Some random goody two shoes, who always has her hair put in a messy bun, and who never wears actual makeup. I'm always wearing some kind of baggy clothe item for a top, but jeans or leggings for pants.

"Sorry, yeah my boyfriend, Brandon." I began to text Brandon.

Belle: hi babe! I had to work on a project with someone from school. Sorry I couldn't tell you sooner, I kinda forgot. I'll see you after we work on the project.

Brandon xx.: really belle? come on! you're supposed to tell me these things BEFORE I waste my gas on you!

Belle: I'm so so sorry, it slipped my mind.

Brandon xx.: be home before 6 and I won't be mad.

Belle: Okay. I'll be home. I promise.

Brandon xx.: Love you.

Belle: Ditto. xx.

"Brandon? Does he go to Trinity?" I saw Harry's eyebrows furrow.

"No, he goes to Medal." I shook my head. I saw Harry laughing in disbelief. "What?"

"Medal? Oh come on. He's got to be Brandon Kelsey." I was shocked. How did he know my boyfriend? "Our parents know each other, well." He must've read my mind. I just nodded my head while I tried to think about Brandon and Harry knowing each other.

***

We arrived at Harry's house. It was all white on the outside, with baby blue shudders on the windows. The front door was the same colour as the shudders. It was absolutely beautiful. "I love your home." I complimented.

"Thanks." He flatly responded, but still smiling.

I don't know why but I have such an interest in him. He seems so distant but, so close at the same time. As if he likes to keep people away from him, but he wants people to understand him.

"Come on Belle," Harry opened the passenger door for me and led me out of the car. I muttered a 'thank you' to him. He locked the car and shifted his fingers around the keys and picked up a key with an orange piece of tape on the top. He then unlocked his front door and led me inside.

Harry placed his backpack on a dark brown couch against the wall in the centre of the room. I did the same but I grabbed my notebook so we could start the project. "Follow me." He said walking upstairs. I did as I was told and looked at the pictures that hung up on the walls. Most of them were pictures of a young boy, I'm assuming its Harry. Their were no recent pictures, which I found odd.

"This is my room." Harry stated as we entered the room at the end of the long hallway. One thing I noticed about the rooms is that there were many of them. Harry's room had posters covering the walls. He sat on his bed and I sat next to him. I kept my distance though.

"Should we get started?" I asked, shyly.

He smiled, "First lets get to know each other better. Mind if I play music?" I shook my head. He took out a box full of vinyls and my mouth dropped open while smiling.

"You have vinyls?" I asked surprisingly.

"Yeah?" He slightly laughed while he dug through them all.

"I just, Brandon doesn't like vinyls, so I have to hide mine." I look down.

"Brandon is a dick and a loser." Harry said harshly. I gaped at his choice of words and his sudden anger at my boyfriend. "Sorry," He apologised.

"Its alright." I gave him a comforting smile, but I was still a bit shocked.

"Finally!" Harry pulled out a record, but the folder that it comes in wasn't around it, so I had no idea what he chose. He put the record in his record player and all I heard was I know theres nothing to say to realise it was Fleetwood Mac.

I started dancing slightly in place and Harry noticed. "Fleetwood Mac fan I'm guessing?" I nodded and started to sing along with the music quietly.

Harry took my hand and stood me up from the bed. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Dancing with you. Come on!" He started to dance with me. His right hand was holding my left one out and his left hand was on my hip. My right hand moved up to his neck. We started swaying back and forth. Harry spun me around and laughed slightly as I almost fell. His laugh was like angelic music. His smile was also very mesmerising and contagious. We were standing so close, but still dancing.

I heard his door open but I didn't bother to look that direction. instead, I was drowning in his emerald green eyes and his were also drowning in my jade ones.

"Harry, what the fuck!" I turned around to see a girl angrily staring at me.

___________

word count: 1243

hey guys! hope this chapter was as cute as I planned lol.

I love you all thanks for reading this!

-sofia xx.

🌀