Chapter Five

"Me"

I stood there in shock. Why did Harry just say he could be someone who actually cared about me? I thought to myself. We literally just met today, and I just broke up with my boyfriend because of him.

"Wh-what?" I stuttered. I can't comprehend this boy's mind.

"I can care for you Belle. You're sweet and pretty, and you're just flat-out perfect." He walked a bit closer to me. My heart was beating as fast as cheetahs run. "Belle?"

I stared at him, not sure what to say. Does he really mean this? Is he being genuine, or is he just taking advantage of my newly broken heart? "Harry, I just broke up with Brandon. I don't know what you want me to say." I look away from him finally and sit on the steps. He follows and joins me.

"Belle, I don't think you under-"

"I do understand Harry, I just can't talk about my feelings with someone who I barely know. You seem nice, but you can't expect me to open up to you."

He looked down for a moment before holding my tiny hands in his large ones. "Belle, I really like you and I think-" Harry was interrupted by the horn of my mother's black Range Rover.

"Bye Harry. I'll see you tomorrow at school." I got up the steps and into my mothers car. I looked out the window to see Harry with his head in his hands. I didn't know if he was crying or if he was just frustrated. I feel so bad just leaving him. He doesn't deserve a girl like me. I'm too much of a goody two shoes and he's too much of a bad boy.

"Belle," My mom snapped me out of my thoughts. "I'm so sorry about you and Brandon." She said comfortingly.

"Don't be, Im glad thats over." I said confidently.

"Really?"

"Yes. He was beyond rude to me at times. He told me he didn't care about me, and thats why I broke up with him." I told her. She replied with a nod and the rest of the drive back home was silent.

***

I woke up to another annoying alarm blasting in my ear. "Belle!" My mother banged on the door.

"I'm up mom!" I groaned.

I decided to wear black leggings and a Queen t-shirt I got from my mom when she went to their concert in New York, in 1980. I also chose to wear my favourite pair of black high top converse.

My hair, of course, was in it's usual messy bun and I put on a bit of mascara so I at least look a little decent.

I run downstairs and grab an apple and run out the door. Since my mom was taking me to school, she was already outside.

I was worried about going to school. Harry was in my first period and he sits next to me. I'm just hoping that he won't mention anything from last night.

***

Sitting in history made me feel uneasy. We were fifteen minutes into class and Harry still hasn't arrived.

"Miss Dean," Mr. Letter motioned for me to come to his desk. "I noticed your partner isn't in class." I nodded. "Well if you want, you can work on the project by yourself right now, or you could work on other assignments." He smiled at me.

"Okay. I do have a question about the-" I got interrupted by the door opening and closing. I turned around and saw Harry staring back at me. "Never mind. I guess my partner is here." I smiled at Mr. Letter.

I walked back to my desk and sat down. Harry joined next to me. "Can we talk?" He asked me.

"About the project? Sure." I got out my history note book. He gave me a knowing look. "Okay, fine Harry. What do you want to talk about?" 

"Why wouldn't you listen to what I was saying? I like you, and I know you like me so-"

"Hold on Harry. I never said anything about liking you. You don't have the right to say that. I also broke up with Brandon literally five minutes before you talked to me, so don't you ever make any assumptions on my feelings." I said harshly.

"Don't be a bitch. I know what I know, okay?" He replied, just as harsh.

I stared at him in shock. He is so moody. Yesterday he was so nice to me and he literally talked about how much he likes me. Now, all of the sudden, he's a complete dick. "I literally can't believe you right now, Harry." The bell rung dismissing us to second period. "Talk to me when you're not being a total prick." I gathered my things and walked out of the classroom.

***

It was now lunch and I haven't seen Harry since history. I was sitting at a random table in the back of the cafeteria, reading 'Soft Thorns'. I don't normally eat lunch. I would rather read a fair share of poetry and write my own.

Suddenly the whole cafeteria went silent. I look up to see everyone staring straight at the cafeteria doors. Since I was in the back, and very short, I couldn't see what was going on. "Isabella Dean!" Suddenly, panic rushed to me. It was Harry. "Isabella Dean! Belle!" He was searching the room. Everyone turned to look for me, but no one really knew me, so they weren't going to find me.

"Belle! Stand up, please!" I slowly stood up, trying my best to stay behind people, but his eyes locked with mine. He motioned me to come up to him.

I hesitantly joined him and noticed everyone looking at us in shock. A couple people were whispering, and some had their mouths hanging wide open along with their eyes.

Harry looked straight into my eyes and smiled. "I'm done being a total prick."

I smiled, "Good."

He started to lean in. I prepared my self as he pressed his plump lips against mine.

_____________

word count: 1016

hello everyone!

I hope you're enjoying the story!

love ya'll!

-sofia xx.

🌀