0. Prologue, 3 Years Later

Six years laterEach and every day had become unbearable, ever since that moment of shock and the pain that came from him saving us

Six years later
Each and every day had become unbearable, ever since that moment of shock and the pain that came from him saving us. By sacrificing himself, he left the memory and story of himself to be told to others who never knew him.

Rick was a leader, who cared about everyone no matter what the differences were. He was broken when Alex met him, but she watched him become the leader they all saw. He was the reason for their hope and the reason why the others and Alex had to follow in his footsteps.

She became the leader he saw her as, even though she couldn't see it yet. She did this for him, Carl and the new world.

Alex led Alexandria along side Michonne. And although she had barely kept up with Hilltop and the others, she tried made sure to stay in contact with Jesus visiting each other outside our walls. They helped each other, accomplished numerous goals we always wanted to complete, traveling, trading and getting together for a fair.

Maggie and Alex somewhat resolved the lingering differences about Negan. They did it for Glenn, they did it for Hershel Jr. since she was the godmother. And Alex wanted to be in his life, watching him growing up. Alex also did it for Rick, to make sure there was peace for all.

The more time she spent at hilltop, after going back and forth, the more she realized she wanted to be that leader, to look out for their people. It felt strange and foreign, but eventually it all started to feel right. But of course, things were never going to be the same as they were before Negan.

Alex spent days and weeks and maybe months together with Michonne and Daryl looking for Rick and any signs that led to him. As time went on, they helped her by any way that they could. Michonne's stomach grew bigger with the weeks that had passed by. And eventually , Alex couldn't keep going on. Michonne was angry, sad but she understood they she needed to look out for Alexandria. But Daryl...

It changed and it wasn't easy. He wanted to continue with Michonne. Then, he wanted to be on his own, alone and out there beyond the communities. They isolated themselves to give each other space, in hopes to come back together, but that turned into even more space. Things became hard, every passing moment. She was left with the pain of being alone, feeling lost, which all hit me at once.

Alex felt herself change day by day and she didn't want to accept it. It was all different since that day, but it became real since the fight and since the last time her and him ever spoke.

She carried her heart by her sleeve, and since then it has been tucked away, hidden so no one could see it. She wasn't so sure if she had it, it was like it disappeared with time, just like him.

Daryl.

Over the years, her skills in defense and fighting had advanced. The more Jesus and her worked together on numerous things including runs, the more my abilities in fighting and thinking enhanced, preparing her each and everyday for being a leader. The more people they found, families and children, they became stronger. Alex began teaching kids self defense and simple moves for future endangerment. Not only was that something she was able to teach, but simple things like reading and how to write had to be passed down- and she wasn't going to allow kids to grow up with fighting being their only smarts.

They needed this.

But the time where they needed each other the most, they turned to isolation.

-
Wow, welcome to the ending! This final book to my CONFIDE trilogy will only last fewer than 60 chapters, so get ready for it to all end...🖤