Daryl's POV 96 Surprises

After I drop her off at work I head straight to the attorney's office. There is no point in messing around anymore. I am tired of this game. I don't want to play in whatever this thing is anymore, and so I am not going to. Jewel and I still have some tunnels in all this to explore in this mystery, but I tired of living in fear. It's exactly what I have been doing in some way shape or form over the past couple months and it's just so not my style. I listen to Matt too much and Mr. Rodriguez had it right.

I text Miguel that I am will be on my way to the warehouse soon and I would like to have an all hands meeting today because I have a big announcement. He yes sirs me as usual. I pick up the paperwork from the attorney, and he reiterates how bad of an idea he thinks it is, before handing it to me. I take it and cruise straight to the warehouse. I text Miguel and tell him I am here working in my office and to let me know when everyone is ready. I get more yes sirs. In about a half an hour he tells me everyone is in the conference room.

I make my way to the conference room, and walk in to a room full of faces, waiting to know what my big announcement is. I take a deep breath preparing to make some willing to lay down and die and others ready to pounce. "As I am sure by now all of you know over the past several months I have had a new assignment for some of you. You have been covering shift rotations on a woman who is very important to me. What you did not know is how important she was to all of you. I have in my hands three things today. The first is all of your new pay sheets. The second is just a start of the list of the amounts of all your Christmas Bonuses, and this number is only expected to go up. The third is a contract for a new business partner." I start passing out the first two to all the men and continue talking while I pass them out. "I know that not all of you have received yours yet but when you do you will notice every employee has received a sizeable raise and also everyone of you will be getting at least $1000 as a Christmas bonus and that is just as of right now. I would like to point out it is only July, we still have months to make this number higher for all of you."

"It's been no question in my mind that you guys have already had an excellent year, which is why I am able to do these things for you, but the other reason that I am able to do that is Jewel. She has taken over all of the accounting and money management of the business, and it was her hard work that has made all of this possible. She was also doing it for free before, and I couldn't in good conscious let her keep doing it for free, knowing how much all of you and the business were profiting from her work."

"I would love to personally introduce all of you to her today, but she is a workaholic much like all of us. So even with a better offer on the table, she wanted to give her previous employer proper notice. However, starting Monday, she will be around more often and any payroll questions you have will be directed at her. I am still the front man, but she is the new person behind the scenes making the most of every dollar."

"It looks like you all have received your paperwork now. Please take a few moments to look over it and look up here at me when you are ready to proceed." After a few minutes all eyes are back on me, and I continue, "So, who here likes what they are seeing?" Not a hand doesn't go up. I already have all I need, and then some. I have the house, the car, the job, and the girl. Why not give it back to the men that make it possible? "Who wants to see more of this?" Again, not a hand doesn't go up. "So, who's ready to welcome Jewel to the team?" Just like I wanted all hands go up. This will help make whoever it is either desperate to stop helping the outsider or it will make the person desperate to strike out.

Before I leave the conference room, I add one more thing. "If you have ever been on the detail following Jewel please meet me in my office after this." Everyone starts to file out after me, excitedly talking amongst themselves, but I know someone amongst them isn't happy at all. The 12 men follow to my office not one of them making a sound. No man here has been in my office besides Miguel. I am sure they have no idea whether to be honored, intimidated or both. I am hoping for both. It will suit my purpose the most.