Daryl's POV Chapter 104 All Falls Down

The kid's birthday party is all cut and dry. It's really one of the most basic jobs I could have, but the parents are real pains, and that's why the hired someone like me even. I am not even sure that they are into the type of things that requires protection. Instead everyone who shows up to the event looks like the play polo, eat caviar, and brag about who's wife spent more on plastic surgery last year. I thought I was the king of lavish, but this people made my lifestyle look like I am standing in the welfare line. If I had known ahead of time I would have charged them more. They spent more on the wine and food then I do on all of one of the parties at the villa. I don't even know how they got my name honestly.

I didn't like the idea of leaving Jewels alone for anything after the recent attempt on her, and I am getting more distracted by the minute just thinking about it all. The job is boring, it's hard to focus on anything because I really don't need to be diligent. I just need to be here. If I thought I could have gotten away with leaving Miguel in charge I would have. These people though I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I just hope they refer all their rich friends.

I grumble looking at my watch. It's been like 4 minutes. A little more of me is dying as I feel each second tick by. I could get through this anytime but now with a smile on my face, and a pocket full of numbers from all the married women who have been cut, tucked, and lifted. It's the last thing I care about now. I look at my watch again it's been like two minutes. Fuck! I take my watch off and put it in my pocket. I need to do something to occupy me instead of driving myself insane.

I do my best to attempt to mingle with some of the guests and family. I do pass out a couple cards it makes things go a little faster. I just do what I need to do to get through the day, but around noon which is only about 2 hours into the 6-hour event they set up my phone rings. It's Carl in California. He says he just finished cleaning up the images and zooming in, and he emailed them to me. Then he apologized for the wait, and I thanked him.

I wasted no time in checking my email, everything else around me is just not there to me. This is what I have been trying to figure out for months now. It's the one thing that is standing between me and Jewel's happiness. I click on the image's icon in the email, and my jaw hits the floor when I see the face in the picture. It's Fucking Chuck! My mind starts racing with all the potential implications, and the thought I can't keep from my thoughts is she is alone with him right now, and it's not even the first time.

I slow my brain down okay no she is not with Chuck he is here now. Then I scan the area to see if I spot him, but I don't. I circle the place to spot him, but I don't see him anywhere. This is bad. If Chuck was behind I,t Miguel is too, because that explains way more why he was so forgiving of his mistakes. Miguel isn't a very forgiving person about business, and he hates his sister so it's not like its love. Miguel is alone with Jewel and Chuck is nowhere to be found.

Miguel pulled her from the club the other night though and got her safely home. He stayed the night with her and brought her to bail me out. Why would he do anything now and not then if he was behind it? I know though Miguel must be involved, because those pictures ended up in my locked car. How did Miguel get the Lamborghini back from the club that night? I had my keys, unless he also had a set. I should call, but it could make things suspicious. I can't let on that I potentially know anything, because that could be the thing that triggers shit hitting the fan. If they don't know the field has changed then I should just continue on as usual until I can talk to Jewel. I figure maybe I can at least call her that will make me feel better.

I press the button to dial her and it just rings and rings before going to voicemail. I try again, same thing. I really start to panic especially knowing I cannot just leave right now. Any other time I would already be in the car and be on my way there. Then I se Chuck come around the corner from the front of the house, and I am at least slightly more relieved. I want to go wring the little shit's neck, but if neither one of them know I am on to them I may be able to use this to my advantage. I keep my eye on Chuck the rest of the day, never letting him out of my sight.

At the end of the event the guests are all leaving, and the guys who don't have to watch for departures are cleaning up. I stand in a place where I can keep on eye on both on goings since Chuck is in clean up crew. After the last guest has left I go find Chuck and tell him I need his help with something later and to find me at the end of all this. He looks nervous, but doesn't he always? That's probably because he has always been up to something. He agrees, but it's not like he is going to say no to his boss who he is spying on. It would make him look suspicious.

Come the end of clean up though I suddenly can't find him again. While scanning around I see him pop out of the back of one of the vans on the phone. He is looking around, and we make eye contact. He says something else on the phone and hangs up quickly. I signal to him and he trots over to me. "Come Chuck, these guys can finish clean up. I am going to leave Kevin in charge of weapons and equipment inventory. Let's go drop ours off at the armory. I need help with a surprise for Jewel later, it won't take long but I can't manage it myself and Miguel isn't here."

I try to seem as nonchalant as possible but trying to hide the panic I am feeling and the urge to strangle him is taking everything from me. He nods following me along to my car, and he gets in the passenger seat like nothing is out of the ordinary. He has clearly been playing this game much longer because he seems like he always does. I am the one who feels different I take a deep breath, before gliding into the driver's side. Before I am all the way in I feel something hard and heavy slam into my temple. Everything goes black at that moment in time.

.........

I wake up what must be hours later. My head is pounding, and I feel dried blood there and a gash. The mother fucker pistol whipped me. I open my eyes and realize I am in a hospital bed again. Son of a Bitch how much precious time have I lost? The clock on the wall tells me plenty. I throw my feet over the edge of the bed and start making my way to the door dragging my IV pole with me. I put my head out into the hallway getting the nurse's attention. I snatch the IV right out of my hand, which instantly throws the nurse into a panic. "I need to know where all my belongings are. I am leaving now."

Her eyes are huge as she tries to find words, "Please can I just have you sign some paperwork first, and then you can do whatever you want." She looks exasperated as my IV fluids continue to pour out on to the floor. I feel a little bad knowing I probably just made her day 100 times harder but if she knew what I was deal with I am sure she'd be more understanding. She grabs the IV pole turning it off, before showing me the bag where my clothes, phone and shoes are. She leaves the room while I throw everything on. She returns a few minutes later while I am looking at my phone, and I sign her leaving against medical advice paperwork.

Sure enough there is a message from Miguel. 'Call me Daryl, don't involve anyone else. I have your pregnant princess.' Oh God! Does this really say what I think it does? My eyes can't unfocus on the word pregnant. I mentally formulate a plan. I wish I knew more about what to expect. I know he won't be at the villa with her anymore, but I know two people who owe me an awful lot, and I think it is finally high time to cash in. Two rings in I get an answer, "Hello?"

"Matt! Meet me at the villa, and if you get there before I do go put on one of my suits that I have multiples of and a matching fedora. I will explain everything when I get there." I know I never got to see through the close of the event or the inventory of the armory, so who really knows the state of anything right now. I tremble a bit just thinking about what all is about to go down. I dial the next number that is going to get me through this.

"Chris it's Daryl. Never mind about the information from before. I am in some serious shit and the girl I am involved in is in a lot of danger. I need your help. Can you come get me from the hospital? Whatever you need me to do is fine to compensate? I don't care how many names it turns into, or how long I have to be an informant, just please help me. I wouldn't be in this shit right now if I wasn't doing this job." I plead with him, hoping that it is enough.

"Oh, I have been waiting for this day Daryl. I am on my way." I don't know or care what I have just signed up only one thing matters right now. I look back at my phone, the words pregnant princess blindingly bright to me.

*Credits to the artist JOJO Fanart*