Chapter 4: Windy

Windy. Something about her name sent chills down my spine. And the fact that she didn't have a show name made me be even more suspicious of Windy and a little bit of, well, me. I looked in the stall. I saw a beautiful gray horse with a long mane and tail. She sure looked pretty enough to compete.   

       Without thinking, I opened the stall and stepped in. I didn't realize that she could have trampled me, kick me, bite me or do any other dangerous thing to me. I stroked her mane gently. She nickered in content. I probably stayed there for a good 10 minutes, letting my mind drift and petting Windy. When I finally came out of my dream-like state, I realized how much time has passed. I tore back to the house to see my mom all frazzled. 

     "Where have you been?!?" my mom exclaimed, taking a couple sighs of relief. "I was getting worried!"

      "Sorry, I was with one of the horses, "I replied. "She's so soft!"

      "You were with a horse? Which one? What do you mean she was so soft? Were you in the stall? That's so dangerous!" said my mom. I'm surprised she wasn't out of breath.

     "Whoa there, slow down! Yes, I was with a horse. Her name is Windy. But the thing is that she doesn't have a show name. I wo-"

    "Wait, Windy? Don't you know there's a reason that she doesn't have a show name?  She untamed! Even your aunt couldn't train her!" my mom exclaimed with such worry in her voice that I thought she would explode.

   "Really? She's not tamed? I was in the stall with her for like 10 minutes! She seemed fine. I'm sure your over exaggerating. I think the move has gotten to you. You should probably take a nap." I said confusedly. How could a horse like Windy not be tamed?

  "I'm sure. your Aunt left a note about her in her will. In fact, I'll go get it right now.

 *********************************************************************************

  Author's note: I will try to write faster, I just am so busy! How do you like it so far? Comment any suggestions and vote too!

   Love,

      Eden😜😘