Chapter 3

Your POV

~In the morning~

You woke up to the sound of the birds chirping, slowly opening your eyes and you sit up-right on the bed as you stretch your arms. You grab your phone and check the timing. "It's 8 in the morning." you say to yourself as you got up from your bed and head towards the closet. You open up your closet and took out a white shirt and head towards the bathroom.

~Time Skip~

You walk out from the bathroom and head towards your closet. You scan through your closet to search for a suitable pants to wear later on and you found a black pants. You put it on and you head to the kitchen to make yourself breakfast. 'What to eat for breakfast?' you thought to yourself as you open the fridge. "Wait...I can just use my phone to search it up." you say to yourself and you look at the kitchen table and your phone is not there. "Ah damn it, the phone is in my room." You say as you stretch your arm and the phone attract to your hand. You unlock your phone and begin to Google search. You scroll down to see a omelette recipe, so you decide to make one. You grab the ingredients in the fridge and you follow the instructions.

~Time Skip~

You add the cheese in between the omelette and you close it up. You waited for 5 mins and you put the omelette on the plate. You open the fridge and you pour yourself an orange juice. You bring both your breakfast and your drink to the dining table, you switch on the TV and begin to eat. A few minutes later, the breaking news started. It talked about an increase of ghouls in the past few days as they show the chart."I guess my job has started. Kinda feel bad for the humans, well...I used to be human too." you whisper to yourself and you finish up your breakfast. You used your power and the plate and the cup magically clean itself. You went to your room and open up the closet to search for a coat. You found a grey trench coat and you put it on, you grab your wallet and exited the room. You switch off the TV, grab your phone and put it in the pocket.

Just as you are walking towards the door with your keys,then suddenly, someone knock on your door. You stop in your track and you were wondering who could it be."This is the first time someone knock the door ever since I've arrived yesterday." you say to yourself and you decided to open the door to see who is it."Hey there new neighbor, heard that you just moved in yesterday so I make you some cookies. Oh by the way, my name is Hanako. Nice to meet you." the girl greeted me with a warm smile. "Nice to meet you too, Hanako. I'm (y/n)." you smiled at her. "Here's the cookie I made." she say as she hand me the bottle. "Oh, thank you so much. I wasn't expecting it." you say as you take the bottle from her. "Hope I can talk to you more, need to head to work. Bye (y/n)." she say and bowed at me and head to the lift. "Bye then." you say and you waved to her.

You closed the door and head to the kitchen to place the bottle on the table. "Maybe I'll give it a taste before I go." you say to yourself as you open up the bottle cap and grab one. You took a bite and you nodded to yourself. "It's delicious. Thanks for the cookie, Hanako." you whispered and you smile to yourself as you close the cap. "Alright then, time to head to Tokyo City. I hope I can get enough information about ghouls." you say and you lock the door. You exited the building and walk towards the city. Five minutes later, you arrived at the city. "Ah dang it, I forget to bring small notebook for me to write about ghouls. Guess I have to summon it again huh." you say to yourself and you put your arm behind the coat. The notebook summon it on your hand as well as the pen. You took it out and you carry it along.

As you are walking, you spotted a bookstore. 'Bookstore? Looks interesting, maybe I'll take a look at it.' You thought and you enter the store. You walk around the store and a book caught your attention. "Monochrome of Rainbow, by Sen Takatsuki." you say as you read the title and you grab the book and flip through the pages. After reading a few pages of it, you find the story interesting. "Damn the story is interesting. Maybe I should buy all of Sen Takatsuki's book since there's a volume of it and it's quite popular." you say as you look at the sign which is stated 'Best selling novel'. You took all of Sen Takatsuki's novel and head to the counter to pay them. "Woah, that's a lot of books. Fan of Sen Takatsuki?" the cashier asked me. "Maybe?" You said as you chuckled. "Somehow I got interested after reading a few pages." You told the cashier. "Ahhh~ I see. Do you have a membership card?" the cashier asked. "No, I don't. Do I have to apply for it?" You asked. "Only if you want to, it can give you discounts." the cashier said. "Well then, I'll apply for it." You said and the cashier took out a card, swipe the card to activate it. "That will be $20." the cashier said. You open up your wallet, took out $20 and give it to the cashier. "Thank you for purchasing it." the cashier say as he smiled. "Anytime." you replied back and smiled.

You exited the store and walked around Tokyo City. "Such a nice weather to take a walk." you say as you breathe in the air. "Hmmm...what is that smell?" you say as you look around and you saw a sign board. "Coffee,Tea and Snacks." you read out and you went up the stairs to take a look at it. You push the door open and the bell rings. "Welcome to Anteiku." the waitress greeted you and you took a sit. You look through the menu and you raise up one of your arms and the waitress came to you. "What would you like to order, sir/ma'am?" the waitress ask. "Can I have one of your signature black coffee please." you say and you look at her. "Alright, one black coffee. Is there anything else?" the waitress ask. "That's all. Thank you...ermm...your name?"
you asked out of curiosity. "I'm Touka. Touka Kirishima."the waitress introduce herself. "Well,thank you,Touka." You smiled at her. "Anytime...err..." Touka paused and you introduce yourself.
"(Y/n)." you say. Touka smiled back. "Anytime, (Y/n)." and she walk away to prepare my coffee. You took out the book you bought and begin to read it.

Touka POV

As I finish preparing the coffee for (y/n), I called him out. "Oi, Kaneki." I called him and the white hair boy approach me. "Yes, Touka-chan?" "Help me serve this coffee to the customer which is..." I begin to search for the customer and I spotted him/her reading a book. "now reading the book." I told him as I point it out. "Ok then." Kaneki say as he grab the coffee and walk towards the customer.

Kaneki POV

I walk towards him/her and place the coffee at the table. "Here's your coffee, sir/ma'am." I told him/her and he/she lower down the book. "Thank you...." you paused and it took me few seconds to figure out why he/she paused. "Oh, the name is Kaneki." Kaneki introduce himself. You smiled at him, "Thank you, Kaneki." and Kaneki was just about to leave and he saw you reading Sen Takatsuki books. "You read Sen Takatsuki books? I'm a fan of her and not much people read them." I say and he/she saw excitement filled in my eyes. He/She chuckled at my reaction. "Just started reading them after reading a few pages of it from the bookstore. I also bought all of her novel." he/she told me as he/she show me the bag full of Sen Takatsuki's novel and I look at him/her shock. "Wow, that was fast." I say as I chuckled and he/she chuckled back. He/She took a sip of the coffee and his/her eyes widen. "Wow, that's one nice coffee I've ever tasted." he/she compliment it. "Thank you so much...umm...your name?" I ask as I scratch my cheeks. "It's (y/n)." he/she say while smiling.

Your POV

I finish up my coffee and keep my book. I head to the door and open. "Thanks for the coffee, Touka and Kaneki." I told them. "No problem." they both replied and they wave goodbye to you. You wave back and left the shop. You check the time on your phone and it's already 4 in the afternoon. "Time travel really fast huh?" you say to yourself and you search for an alleyway for you to teleport back to the apartment. You found an alleyway and enter it. Into the shadow, you teleport yourself back to the apartment.

Few seconds later, you reach at the apartment and you saw a few cards on the coffee table. "Guess my job has started. It's gonna be fun." you say and you smirked.