Chapter 2

Tanaju slapped Nysa...

"How dare you talk about your father Ajay like that" shouted Tanju "Ajay Devgan is not my father" replied Nysa "He has given you shelter food and life," said Tanaju "Wrong, he didn't give me life, my mother Kajol gave me life and shelter and warmth. Not Ajay. And I know that he is not my father" replied Nysa "What is wrong with you kids this day you have no respect for your elders" said Tanaju "Who said anything about disrespecting him. I respect him, I just know that he is not my father" replied Nysa "Shut up, you are speaking nonsense" said Tanaju "I went to the hospital to take a blood test and I took some hair from Ajay's hairbrush and they tested it. And it said that Ajay Devgan is not my father, whether you like or not, I belong to someone else, and I already know who that somebody is" replied Nysa "And who is that somebody" asked Tanaju "I am not telling. That's for me to know and you to find out" replied Nysa with a little sass "I am your elder and you are supposed to tell me anything" said Tanju "Nope I have to help, respect and obey, but not tell everything to my elders, so please" replied Nysa "Who is it" replied Tanaju with anger in her voice

"Wait I know what this is. You are getting angry cause this happened to you with mom didn't it?" replied Nysa "What are you talking about" said Tanju nervously "You made the same mistake with mom. Grandpa was not mom's real father, was he?" replied Nysa "SHH what are you talking about" replied Tanaju "Oh my god. It is true, isn't it? You had an affair and mom is your love child, just like I am her love child with the other guy. You don't want mom to go through what you went through. You had to deal with a lot of drama when your husband found out." said Nysa "How do you know all of this" asked Tanaju. "Grandma. I worked at a magazine place once, and I was going through our family file for any public, and in the folder, there were all the rumors that they made when you were pregnant with mom, and grandpa was away when you got pregnant. That's how I know it" replied Nysa "You are right honey. When your mom hugged me I felt her pain, and that pain is familiar cause I went through it. She is ripped between love and duty" replied Tanaju. "So what do you suggest we do" asked Nysa, "I think the heart should get what it wants" replied Tanaju "Really, wow I am surprised by you" replied Nysa "I just want her to live her life happily. I sacrificed my happiness for my duty, and I don't want her to go through the same situation, I want my children to get another chance" replied Tanaju "But grandma she did marry out of love" said Nysa

"I know, but look at her now. She and Shahrukh have had feelings for each other ever since the day they laid eyes on each other. And Shahrukh was married, so she buried those feelings, then she got married herself to Ajay. They made Yug and not you apparently." said Tanaju "But grandma dad doesn't understand mom's friendship with her other co-star. Yes, he is probably right about mom and Shahrukh, but dad has always known no matter what. That was why he never agreed to any movie she did with him" replied Nysa. "Mom I am done" shouted Kajol from the bathroom. Tanaju whispered to Nysa to go back upstairs. "Yes, baby I am coming with your towel" Tanaju shouted back.

Kajol got dressed and was lying on her bed staring at the ceiling. "What are you thinking about sweetheart" interrupted Tanaju "Nothing" replied Kajol. Tanaju went toward the bed and sat on the side and said "Sweetheart you are my daughter and I know when my daughter has a lot in her mind" Kajol sat up and turned to her mother and said "Mom I am torn between two worlds" Tanaju took her hand "Tell me the whole story darling" said Tanaju "Mom, it's just that I love my children and I also love my work" replied Kajol "Darling you are beating around the bush" said Tanaju "Mom every time I see him, my heart starts to race, my lips get dry and my body starts to tremble and all I want is for him to embrace me." said Kajol, tears streaming down her red puffy cheeks "Who is this guy, that you are talking about" asked Tanaju "I work with him a lot. Shahrukh Khan. Ma I think I am in love with him" replied Kajol. "Do you still love Ajay?" asked Tanaju "I mean I still care for him" replied Kajol "You mean you only think of him as the father of your children now. Not as your husband anymore?" asked Tanaju "No. But mom I don't' want to leave him for the kid's sake" replied Kajol "We are fine with it" interrupted Nysa. She was standing by the door with Yug on her hip. "How much have you heard" asked Kajol scared "Oh mom calm down, I know the whole story, I didn't need to hear anything" replied Nysa. She walked up to her mom and sat beside her mother and said "Mom I knew that you always loved Dad, I mean Shahrukh" Kajol gave a weird look to Nysa "Am I not being told something here" asked Kajol. Nysa and Tanaju looked at each other "Mom I am not Ajay's daughter" said Nysa "What you mean, I am your mother I know who is your father" replied Kajol "Um mom remember when you and Shahrukh finished the movie Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. Dad threw a party in the hotel the cast was in. And you got drunk so did the whole crew. And you and dad did it in another room. And nine months later I was out of you" said Nysa "No way. Darling how could you know" asked Kajol "I accidentally watched a tape and I got a blood test. And I matched father and not Ajay." said Nysa. With that Kajol started to cry "I am a horrible wife and mother" Nysa started to cry herself, she pulled her mother close to her and said "No mom. You are the best wife. I was an accident and you are a wonderful mother. You took care of me and Yug, you left your work. To take care of us." Kajol hugged her daughter and they laid there in bed together with Yug and Tanaju. They all fell asleep slowly.

Shahrukh was laying beside Gauri in bed. When he looked at Gauri he doesn't see Gauri he sees Kajol. He freaked a little but didn't dare to move, because he didn't want to wake her up. "He is just sweet, he has the biggest heart. His heart is as big as the ocean" said the voice in Shahrukh's head, he tried to find the voice, but it didn't take long to figure out whose voice it was. He thought he was just dreaming, and that this version of him was just missing Kajol as a friend, little did he know that this is reality and he can't stop thinking about Kajol. "Shahrukh what are you thinking," asked Gauri. Shahrukh turned towards Gauri and still saw Kajol. "Nothing" he replied and went to their bathrooms. He came in the bathroom and stared at the mirror. When he looked up, he saw himself in the mirror. Then he saw that two hands were wrapped around his waist, then the person's head popped from behind his shoulders, and he looked closely, and he realized that it was Kajol. He stepped back and then he went to look again, but it was only him there. "Baby, I'm gonna go make breakfast," said Gauri from the bedroom. "Alright be out in a minute" replied Shahrukh. When Gauri went downstairs, Shahrukh came out and sat on the bed and covered his face with his hands. When he opened them he saw Kajol sitting in a rocking chair with a baby girl, in her arms. She was talking to the baby. Shahrukh shook his head, and then they disappeared. "Why would I see Kajol with a baby," he said to himself. Little did Shahrukh know that Suhana was outside the door hearing everything, he was saying. Suhana could not wait to tell Nysa.

"Hey sis, guess what" said Suhana "What" replied Nysa "Dad is doing the same thing, he can't stop thinking about mom, I mean our mom" said Suhana "No really" replied Nysa "I am not lying, it's like they are connected" replied Suhana "I know right. Anything else he saw" asked Nysa "Yeah he said that Mom was in a rocking chair holding a baby girl, and dad was confused as to why was he thinking about that" replied Suhana. Nysa knew exactly why was he shown that. "Suhana can I tell you something" said Nysa "Yeah, Go ahead" replied Suhan "Dad is my dad, not Ajay" said Nysa "What" replied Suhana "I swear on my life and my mother's" said Nysa "So that means that we are really sisters" replied Suhana "Girl what you talking about, whether I am dad's daughter, I am always gonna be your real sister, and you to me" said Nysa. WIth that Suhana hanged up and was happy. She came downstairs to the dining room, where everyone was having breakfast.

Ajay was seated on the couch, in the dark living room. And he was smoking and had bottles of beers on the small table in front of him. "Ajay are you in here," said Kajol, making her way into the living room "What do you want" replied Ajay" I don't know maybe you could stop smoking and actually turn around to see the person before you say anything," said Kajol. Ajay knew who it was, he turned around and saw Kajol standing by the door with her arms folded. "Sorry, Okay. You just left with the kids and you left me here all alone, what do you expect" replied Ajay "Do not start with me. You were the one that said DIVORCE in the first place." said Kajol "Kajol, baby I was just angry, you know typical me. I just wanted you to be close to me and stop working with that Khan" replied Ajay "Ajay. I can't just keep forgiving you with every mistake you make. And he has a name and its Shahrukh Khan. Alright, and I will always be yours" when Kajol said that, a piece of her heart broke, and the other one was happy. She knew that duty is always gonna be first and she chose Ajay and now she can't turn back cause she has children with him. And most Hindi women can't turn back when they have children. Kajol knows that she doesn't need him, but she was thinking about her children. She knows how hard it is to lose a father, and she didn't want her children going through the same thing.

"Promise me that you won't mention that word again in our household," said Kajol. Ajay smiled and ran to his wife and hugged her and carried her around. "I promise. And I love you very much" replied Ajay. Kajol was happy but she knew that she was only listening to her mind and not her heart.

"Grandma, mommy is here" shouted Yug from the window in his room. He ran downstairs and waited by the door. Nysa heard her brother and ran to him and waited by his side, so did Tanaju. When Kajol opened the door, she was met by happy children running toward her. She kneeled down and opened her arms. Nysa and Yug ran right into her arms and they stayed like that for a good long 5 minutes. Tanaju saw this scene and she was crying. "Guess what guys," said Kajol "What?" asked Nysa "We are going back to daddy" replied Kajol.

Keep reading to see Nysa, Yug and Tanaju reaction to Kajol's surprise

Vote and comment it matters

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING