Chapter 5

Tanaju stepped back and try to regain strength to call the family inside.   She blinked and still they were standing in front of her.  Then they spoke "Mother in law where is my wife and her husband," asked Ajay Tanaju took a deep breath "Kajol, Shahrukh we have two visitors for you" shouted Tanaju.  Ajay and Gauri were kinda hoping that Tanaju reply would be that they weren't there, but instead, they got her shouting for their name like they were an ordinary couple.   

A few minutes later.   Shahrukh and Kajol walked toward the door.  Shahrukh had Yug on his back and Kajol had Abram on her hips, and the teens were beside them.  They all walked up to the door, but when they lifted their head.  They almost all fainted.  When Yug saw his father he jumped down from Shahrukh's back, and it was the same for Abram, as soon as he saw his mother in front of him, he slowly slid down from Kajol's hip.  Nysa carried Abram on her hip and Suhana did the same for Yug.  "Hi dad, hi Gauri aunty," said Nysa.  Everybody looked at her when she saw everybody's expression.  She just slowly breathed in and exhaled slowly.  "Hey, I'm sorry, just trying to clear some tension.  Jeez, it's so thick.  I mean you guys are not even talking.  But I think it's safe that we kids go to my room.  So no harm come to any of us.  So best of luck" said Nysa.  All the kids followed her to her room.  

The adults were just standing in the room super awkward.  "Weren't we enough for you?" asked Gauri.  Shahrukh and Kajol looked up and they were feeling guilty "No you were fine, we have had these feelings way back before we met the both of you, but we decided to push them away for your sakes, but now we can't push it away anymore" replied Kajol "Shut up you whore" shouted Ajay "Hey watch your mouth.  Don't you dare call her that," said Shahrukh defending Kajol "Oh so now you defend her from her own husband," said Gauri "No her husband would not call her a whore" replied Shahrukh "Yes she is?  She is a whore.  And a horrible mother" replied Gauri.  The children overhead what Gauri said and they all came out of the room and went and stood beside Kajol and Shahrukh.  Nysa stepped forward "Don't you ever say that my mother is a horrible mother.  You were not in our house when she was raising me and my brother.  So you have no right to judge her cause you yourself are a horrible mother." said Nysa "Mom is the best mother anyone could ever have.  You know when you were to busy designing and traveling with your team.  Dad asked mom if she could babysit us and mom was just about to do a movie, but she postponed so she can look after your children, us.  And here you are calling her a horrible mother, why don't you look in the mirror and say that again" added Suhana.  Kajol walked backward to the sofa and sat down.  Yug went and sat beside her, Abram went on her lap and hugged her, Avvir sat beside Yug. Suhana sat next to Kajol and Nysa sat beside Suhana.  Shahrukh stood behind the couch leaving his hands on Kajol's shoulder.  

"Oh so I see this is the future Khan family," said Ajay "Yes gotta problem" replied Shahrukh.  Kajol looked up at him.  "Yes you dumb ass you are marrying my wife while you are still married" replied Ajay "We are getting a divorce from both of you guys," said Kajol, standing up from the couch.  Shahrukh came around and joined her.  "You guys look so cute together, maybe you need more red," said Ajay.  Then he pulled out his gun and pointed it right at Kajol "Dad what are you doing" shouted Nysa "I am not your father, you are not supposed to disrespect your father" replied Ajay.  Then he pulled the trigger, Shahrukh could not think of anything else but to jump in front and take the bullet. Boom Boom.  Two shot were fired and Shahrukh hit the floor with a bleeding stomach.  "Noooo" cried Kajol, she kneeled down to Shahrukh and laid his head on her lap and started massaging it saying "You're gonna make it.  Stay with baby please" Kajol did not get any response, she looked up at Ajay "Get out now" she said.  Nysa already called 911, just as AJay and Gauri were exiting the house they were met by policemen and paramedics.   

2 hours later.  At the hospital.  

The family was waiting outside.  Kajol was scared for her lover.  She breathed in and out but air wouldn't enter her lungs. Starved for air, her heart raced at tremendous speeds, and her lungs shallowly rose and fell in time. She stood there for what felt like an eternity but was actually only five minutes. Satisfaction of security was nothing but a distant memory, and an invisible force crushed her from every possible direction. Each second submerged in fear made a permanent mark on her heart, and a vivid imagination made her wonder whether it was just her mind playing tricks or reality.  

Nysa looked at her mother and could see how sad she was.  She walked up to her mother and touched her shoulder.  Kajol felt a hand on her shoulder.  She touched it and turned around when she did she saw her daughter.  Nysa leaned in and hugged her mother tightly. "It's gonna be an okay mommy, daddy is a very strong man," said Nysa.  Kajol smiled at how strong her daughter is trying to be for her.  The rest of the kids saw them hugging and they stood up and joined them.  kajol looked at all her children and smiled that she is lucky to have them, now all that is missing is their father.   

3 weeks passed by.  All the kids stayed with Kajol at Tanaju house.  Kajol woke up and felt the warmth of the sun on her skin.  She smiled and hugged herself, missing Shahrukh.  The kids came running and jumped on the bed.  "Morning mommy," said Abram "Morning beta" replied Kajol.  She picked him up and sat him on her lap.  Then they all cuddled on the master bed.  They had breakfast in bed.  

Kajol was in the middle and the Abram was on her lap, Yug was laying on her side and Nysa was on the foot of the bed laying down, Avvir was sitting at the foot of the bed on the floor and Suhan was beside Kajol's other shoulder.  They were watching a movie together when the phone rang.  "I got it," said Avvir, walking toward the phone.  kajol turned the TV off and they all waited for Avvir respond to the phone.  "Hello," said Avvir.  Then he listened for a while and when he hung up, he had the saddest expression on his face.  "What's the matter, sweetie," asked Kajol, Avvir looked up at his mother "Mom and Ajay uncle are out of prison and they want to go to court to take us away from you guys" replied Avvir.  Kajol's heart broke.  All the kids went to her and they all hugged.  The kids did not want to leave their mother.  Kajol looked up and said "Shahrukh please wake up, I need you now" whispered Kajol to the sky.  

All the kids were in bed.  Kajol was sitting on the couch with a glass of wine in her hand.  She was looking the fire.  Tanaju came downstairs and saw her daughter.  When she looked closer in those eyes she could sense something was wrong.  Cause they were sparkling for the past weeks and now all of a sudden, you see depression.  "What's the matter," asked Tanaju, Kajol looked up at her mother "They want to take us to court" replied Kajol "Who and what for," asked Tanaju "Gauri and Ajay want to take Shahrukh, me and the kids for the kid's sake" replied Kajol.  Tanaju sat beside her daughter "Don't you worry my daughter, I'm sure that everything will turn out your way.  And the kids all love you way too much" replied Tanaju "But I am not sure that they will go against their mother" said Kajol "Yes we can" interupted Suhana and the other kids behind her.  They all walked toward Kajol.  Abram and Yug went right to her lap and the older kids sat around her.  Tanaju stood up and stood by the counter and watched this scene.  "Mommy don't worry" said Abram, Kajol looked down at him and kissed his forehead and wiped his tears.  "Yeah mom, we love you and dad more then anything and will do anything for you guys" said Avvir.  Kajol nodded and signaled them to give her hugs.  They all hugged their mother.  Tanaju was crying, she was so happy that Kajol has found the right family.  "Grandma stop crying and join us" said Suhana.  Tanaju just smiled and at beside them and they watched TV.  

"Baby can you pass me my tea" asked Kajol "Sure mommy" replied Abram.  He stood up and walked toward the counter and grabbed Kajol's tea and gave it to her.  They all were minding their business when suddenly the phone started ringing.  Yug got up and gave her mother the phone.  "Hello" asked Kajol they waited for awhile.  5 minutes later Kajol hung up the phone.  "Who was it mom" asked Avvir "It's your father, he's awake" replied Kajol "Then what a we waiting for" asked Nysa "Well their is a problem" said Kajol "What could be wrong with daddy waking up" asked Yug "Well he has  lost his memories" replied Kajol.  The kids faces fell to the ground.  

Keep reading to see if Shahrukh will come back to his family and how will Kajol balance everything on her own.

THANK YOU

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE 

IT MATTERS