『 ₁ 』

I shuddered under the blankets. It was cold. More than it used to do in California in November. I had the phone in my hands while I was writing to my boy. He was in Europe with his boyband on a music tour. So was 8 p.m. where they were. They were 5 amazing and talented guys. But with who I was in love was Daniel Seavey. The ocean eyes and lovely smile's boy. We had been dating for 6 months but lately, I didn't see him so much. Sometimes he had proposed me to go with them to some concerts. I didn't accept, because if I want to stay in Los Ángeles and just go to Spain forsee my family I have to study hard and get good marks.

I recognize that I have always been good at English. That was I thought before coming to the US. At first was so strange because I wasn't accustomed to talking English all day. I suppose my accent of shit was funny for the people who live here 'cause they sometimes laugh even what I told them was funny or not. It frustrated me a lot but anyway, I have improved in my English.

Daniel had promised to meet the day of Thanksgiving, the next week. Me, like a child wishing to open the gifts of Christmas, I was wishing to see him.

I didn't talk so much about our relationship with my aunt Katie (I lived with her while I was in LA), just a little. I avoided that she noticed I was looking for the November 22 'cause she would be overprotective telling me about not be excited a lot for a boy. But what she didn't know is that I had that feeling the first time I saw him.

After a half hour more talking with him, I fell asleep. I didn't want to fell asleep but I knew that was going to happen, I did not complain after all 'cause tomorrow I have to get up early if I want to accompany Summer to her state surfing championship. She did it really well. In fact, she had taught me the basics for not falling off the surf-board, and in some cases catch some small waves. The least I could do for her was accompany her to the championship.

I slept 5 hours before my phone rang. Summer was calling me and I got worried, would something have happened to her? Later I knew that Summer just called me to propose going later to the shopping center and buy a new neoprene suit for her. I sighed relieved, and after I dressed up. I went to the kitchen and later, I had breakfast.

While I was having the breakfast I turned on my cell. I smiled when I saw my wallpaper, we were Dani and I kissing in the garden of my aunt's house. That was the last time I saw him. 3 weeks ago right today.

I put my bowl of cereals in the dishwasher while the music I had put on a few moments before was sounding high. I was alone in my aunt's house 'cause like others Saturdays, she usually goes to the supermarket.

I listened to some songs more before I turned it off, then I went outside the house waiting for my best friend arrives. She arrived with her Jeep a few moments later.

Summer was the younger sister of Daniel. She was in love with Jack Avery, a member of the band and a good friend of Dani. I knew she had been dating with another band member, Corbyn Besson. Unfortunately, they broke up 7 months after starting the relationship but they were good friends after broke up. Anyway, Summer thought that one day Jack would ask her to date. If I am honest, I didn't think it would happen 'cause he had just come out of a toxic relationship in which his ex-girlfriend cheated on him.

I heard a loud horn and when I looked at where the sound came from I saw Summer in her Jeep. Moments later, I was sitting in the co-pilot's seat.

I noticed on her face that something wasn't going well. At first, I thought that she was worried about the championship. I couldn't avoid asking about:

—What's the matter?

—Just look—she took her iPhone 7 out of her pocket when we stopped at a nearby fuel station. She showed me a Jack's, Instagram Storie. He was with a girl (I thought she was a fan of the band) and I laughed, maybe Summer care about Jack more than she made me believe. 

『 . . . 』