『 ₃ 』

In the last round, where a lot of professionals failed, Summer was exceptional. After the championship, we went to a small, cheap and cool restaurant next to the beach. In there, we ordered a salad and lately, Summer ordered 2 salmon one for me and other for her. I have to recognize that the food was so good. During the lunch, Summer explained to me that the awards ceremony was at 4 p.m. When we had paid the bill we went to where the managers of the championship would say who the winners were.

—...And in the second place...—said someone in the stage by a loudspeaker—Summer Seavey!! Come here and get on the podium, please.

The vast majority started to applaud and cheer to Summer even a blond, tall and with long hair guy. I took some photos to Summer who couldn't believe it, she was trying not to cry too.

—And finally, in the first place...—I had slight suspicions that the winner would be that blond boy who moments before had applauded my friend with effusiveness.—Alan Will! Congratulations!!—he, as I predicted, was the winner but when he came up the stage he looks confused and unhappy with what he got

—Ehh...I don't think I deserve this prize. Here there are betters surfers than me like Summer—he looked at her while he was smiling—Can you please get this prize? I think you deserve it more than me.—Summer was speechless and her answer was just a nod slightly with her head 'cause she was astonished, then, they changed the prize and the position on the podium. Summer was the 1st!

A few minutes later, we leave the beach in her Jeep way aunt Katie's home. I left the car before she ripped again to go to her house.

-Tue. 20 Nov., two days before Thanksgiving- 

In class was impossible for me to connect again with the lesson after thinking in Daniel and thinking about the fewer hours left to see him again. We have talked a lot in that week by video calls, I missed his beautiful laugh so much. Although everything in my life was still normal, Summer and I kept on eating for lunchtime in the canteen and we continued going to the same lessons.

Aunt Katie was so stressed that week, she was buying food and decorating the house 'cause the band Why Don't We and Summer were going to come for Thanksgiving. She made me write some congratulating cards for sending them to my family and, after being more than an hour thinking about what write on them, we send the cards and finally, I felt relaxed.