Private Sessions

Ace Dawford's P.O.V. (D2)

Kara and George have already gone into the Training room for their private sessions with the Gamemakers, so that means Elsa is next because they're doing the girls first this year.

"Elsa Stane," a computerized voice calls.

Elsa stands up and walks over to the door, "Wish me luck."

I wink, "You don't need it."

Then the door closes.

Now I'm left in here with the other tributes. I catch several of them glancing over, probably because they know I'll be next to go in. They all look way more nervous than I am. It kinda confuses me that they are nervous. I mean, we've had a good couple of days to train for this, so they should have it all figured out by now. I knew what I was going to do before I even got reaped so...

I'm not what the Gamemakers will think of what I am going to do, but I hope they like it.

I whistle a random tune as I wait for Elsa's time to run out. She's been in there for about five minutes already so she should be done.

Just then, the door opens and Elsa walks in smiling.

"I take it went well?" I ask and she gives me a high five.

"Affirmative."

I smirk as I walk towards the door. I am already in the room by the time I hear the voice call my name. I jog over to an X that has been placed on the floor and stand on it.

"Hello, Ace, I'm Head Gamemaker, Gladius Glemming. You have five minutes to present your skill, the clock starts now," a man with silver hair announces from the platform.

I look over the tables and racks of weapons and tools, but don't find what I'm looking for. I frown and turn to the Gamemakers. But I had already guessed that it wouldn't be there.

"Umm, this might sound weird, but do you have a deck of cards? Shurikens would work too, I guess, but I prefer cards. They're more...signature," I ask. Gladius raises his eyebrows at my request.

"We have shurikens. They're in a box under the table because not many tributes use them. I've never seen anybody use cards before," he says curiously.

"Well, send me some in the arena and you'll get to," I grin as I pull a handful of shurikens out of the box Gladius had pointed out.

Without saying anything else, I take a position twenty yards away from three dummies and clench three of the "ninja-stars" between by fingers. I swing my forearm forward, releasing the shurikens. They whiz through the air and each one plants itself in a separate dummy's forehead.

I use three more to slice through some ropes that suspend bags of sand from the ceiling. The bags smash on the ground, scattering the sand everywhere.

To finish it up, I run as fast as I can towards the wall, preparing three more shurikens between my fingers. When I reach the wall, I don't stop. Instead, I run about two or three strides up the wall and do a backflip, launching the shurikens before I land sturdily on the ground, still facing the wall. I turn around and see my shurikens sticking into the heads of all three dummies.

I smile up at the Gamemakers and put my hands on my hips. They stare down in utter shock, some of them can't take their eyes off the dummies. It's like their minds can't compute what just they just witnessed. I have a pretty good feeling I'll get a good score from that.

Gladius shakes his head and blinks, "That was...impressive!"

"Thank you. Expect to see more in the Games," I say, and I walk out of the room.

Scarlett Salasi's P.O.V. (D7)

"Have fun," Fynn says as the voice calls my name to enter.

I smile, "I will."

I enter the Training room to see that it has been transformed from when I saw it yesterday. All of the stations are darkened and empty, and all of the weapons and junk have been piled up against the wall. I also notice an X in the middle of the room, which I assume they want me to stand on.

"Hello, Scarlett, I'm the Head Gamemaker, Gladius Glemming," a man says from the Gamemaker's platform, "You have five minutes to present your skill. The clock starts now."

I nod and head over to the piles and racks of weapons. I immediately find a pouch holding at least six throwing-knives. I pick it up and walk back to the X.

I take a stance and pull out two knives. They fit perfectly in the palm of my hand and it's satisfying to move my fingers along the smooth, metal blade.

I use the target in front of me first. I spin around and throw it, hitting a bullseye. Then I turn around and I toss the second knife behind my back. I catch it with my other hand and and fire it, hitting another bullseye.

The Gamemakers are already applauding, but I still have four more knives...

There are targets on either side of me, leaning against the walls. I extend my arms so that each knife is pointing at a target. Then I simultaneously throw each knife at the opposite target it was pointed at, making my arms form a cross in front of me.

A few gasps from the Gamemakers informs me that both knives hit their mark. I quickly kneel down on one knee and do it again with the last two knives, but in reverse order. I start with my arms crossed already, and throw at two new targets, ending with my arms extended.

Some of the Gamemakers stand up, clapping. I just nod and walk out of the room, not really caring what they thought about it.

Wesley Carter's P.O.V. (D12)

"Hello, Wesley, I'm Gladius Glemming, Head Gamemaker. You have five minutes to present your skill," a man says from up in the Gamemaker's platform when I reach the X in the middle of the room, "The clock starts now."

I've had plenty of time to think about what I want to do, but I'm still not quite sure what. I just walk over to the table, trying to think of something I did in the last few days of training that I can do in under five minutes. I also have to be at least slightly good at it too.

I shrug as I pick up a bow. I did practice with one of these multiple times, but I don't really know if I'm good enough at it. I grab the quiver too, but I almost drop it. That would've been embarrassing.

I clear my throat and stand on the X, loading an arrow into the bow. I pull the string back until I feel the feathers of the arrow against my cheek. I aim at a target for a second, then release the string.

It hits the wall...

I try to hold in my embarrassment when I see how terribly I had missed. The arrow is at least ten meters above the target. I mentally scold myself, knowing that the Gamemakers are probably bored out of their minds now.

I stare at the arrow, not knowing what to do. Then I improvise, knowing that I can't just waste my time feeling sorry for myself.

I load another arrow and bite my lip as I aim at the wall now. I release the arrow and it strikes just where I want it. I fire until I'm out of arrows, hitting the wall every time.

When I'm out of arrows, I turn to the Gamemakers and smile slightly. They are still staring at the wall as I place the bow and quiver where I had found them.

I leave the room, smiling with that luck I just had. I turn around one more time and see the word that I just spelled out on the wall with arrows. It's sloppy, but it spells WESLEY.

~~~~~

Hi, people! Just wanted to tell you that this chapter is also unedited for now, so remember that I'm not gonna hate you for correcting.

Hope you enjoyed it.

:)

~MK