Day Three (Afternoon)

Jada Quinton's P.O.V. (D5)

Geo, Clark, and I push through the dense network of jungle plants and trees with Geo leading the way so he can cut through the vines with his dagger. We decided to try to get to the other side of the island because I don't think any of the other tributes are there. I know that the tributes from Three and the boy from Four have settled down on the beach that is facing the cornucopia, so we are going for the other side of the island. I don't know where most of the other tributes are hanging out. Obviously the Careers are still at the cornucopia for the time being, there's some tributes on the beach, then there's the tributes from Eight and Twelve that are unaccounted for. Also the siblings from Seven. I haven't seen them at all, so I wonder where they've got to?

Geo suddenly stops walking and I hit the brakes just in time to not crash into him. He glances back at us and points through a huge leaf in front of him. Before I even look, I hear voices coming from the other side of the plant. The voices are whispering though, so they must've heard us.

Suddenly, Clark shouts out something before being dragged to the ground. Geo instantly reacts, charging at the person with his dagger. I identify the person to be Wesley when I see the number '12' printed on a grey stripe on his jacket's sleeve. Geo shoves him away from Clark violently and starts pushing for us to run.

Geo doesn't need to tell us twice. The second after he says it, Clark and I start booking it to the beach, Geo following closely. I hear the other tributes shouting behind us, but I don't turn back, that is...until Geo screams. I halt in my steps and quickly turn around, immediately noticing the arrow in Geo's right elbow. It went the whole way through, and blood is already dripping from the tips of his fingers as he quickly gets back on his feet.

"Go, just go!" he shouts as he snatches my arm and continues running, "We've gotta get out of here!"

Two more arrows whiz past us as we dodge through the vines and plants. The beach is so close, probably twenty feet away. At this point, they don't even appear to be firing anymore, but we don't slow down. And finally, we reach the beach safely.

Fynn Salasi's P.O.V. (D7)

"What...happened?" Ace asks the two girls standing on the edge of the island, dripping with water.

They returned from their little trip to the island just a little while ago, but they're one short, so Ace is demanding explanations. He also appears to be concerned about Elsa's hand injury, but he wants to know the story about Gwen first.

"We were unprepared, okay!" Elsa shoots back at him as she stomps into the horn, "Thanks to you deciding not to come. Maybe if you did, Gwen would still be here!"

"I thought you didn't like her anyways..." Ace points out, "So why do you seem angrier about this than me?"

"Because I should've paid better attention to her! I was responsible, not you, because you weren't there! So now it's my fault that we're a man down! How do you expect me to feel about that, Ace?" Elsa says as she wraps herself in a towel and digs through a bin for something.

Ace looks offended, "Oh, so you're blaming me for not going? You're just trying to make it seem like my fault so you can stop thinking of it as your fault, huh? Elsa...you don't need to do that. It wasn't your fault, okay? Gwen was the one who went in and chose the wrong opponent. You told me that you were fighting two of the others, so there was nothing you could do. It was four of them against three of you. We need to expect losses in the Hunger Games and just deal with it when they come. If we waste time guilt-tripping ourselves about them, we'll lose our game and drop our guards. Just let it go..."

Elsa gnaws her lip a moment before finally letting out a sigh, "Okay, you're right. We can't let our guards down. We need to keep our game up...and we need to fix my hand."