18

"Your mother.." Your father sighed, looking down "You just remind her of somethings she doesn't want to be reminded of."

Chapter 18: Burdened

"Dad," You slammed yourself onto your bed, holding the phone next to your right ear "I ran into Jerkook today at university. Apparently he attends Yonsei."

"Is that so?" Your father asked as you sighed deeply. "Did something else happen?"

"Y/N!" Jungkook called from downstairs and you said goodbye to your father and hung up, going to him.

He ran fingers through his hair and cleared his throat. "If Ireum bothers you again, just tell me. I'll deal with her."

"I can deal with my own issu-"

"It's not only yours. Ireum is my childhood best friend. I have a say in this too." Jungkook said as he walked by you and up the stairs. "Oh and y/n? I'd appreciate it if you don't think poorly of Ireum. She's just scared."

"Oh what?" You asked, but he didn't answer, walking to his room and shutting the door.

"Dad," You said as he entered his office, surprised to see you there. He read the look on your face and sighed.

"You want to know the full story, don't you?" He sat next you "Min-syuk told me a little before getting into a coma that he suspects that you saw the birth certificate because of the way you were acting."

"What if that wasn't what I meant and you just spiller everything?"

"Then it doesn't really matter, does it?" He asked, his lips pressed together and he turned to you "You're going to figure it out sooner or later so why not now?"

You sat forward in your chair, eager to hear what he has to say. He cleared his throat, loosening the tie under his doctor robes to get some air.

"He was my colleague here.. in this hospital. Min-syuk was only three, but he was no better than he his today, so he was in the hospital all day. Your mother came to visit often, I guess that's how they met. When she was pregnant with you.. Well, you could say he abused her. He kept forcing her to do an abortion, but she refused.

"When I came to figure out about the whole situation, she was devastated because he left. A little after you were born, we got divorced, and she decided to take Min-syuk because she said you reminded her too much of him." He scratched the back of his and looked at your face, then engulfed you in a big hug "I know it's no excuse but I'm glad I got to raise you and watch you grow up."

"What happened to him? The colleague, I mean." You asked, your voice muffled.

"I heard he died because an ex shot him or something. This world is chaotic." Your father pulled out of the hug and looked at you "I hope you're not too angry?"

You shook your head, then stared off to emptiness. You put your head down on the office desk, sighing. It seems like your life has the weirdest turn of events.

Who knows? You might be the main character of a story right now.

You jumped up, suddenly remembering something. You waved your father goodbye and rushed back home, taking a bath, changing, doing your makeup and putting on perfume. You pulled out your phone and texted his number.

You:
Is this Jun-hyuk? Yuri's friend?

Jugyeong:
Yeah haha
You must be y/n
We'll meet at the cafe tonight, right?

You:
Yeah.
See you there.

You put your phone down and sighed, looking at your alarm clock. There's still an hour left but you couldn't get yourself to stay still. You got your bag and walked out of your room and down the stairs.

"You don't look so bad for once." Jungkook said as you put your shoes on.

"Thanks?"

"I said you don't look so bad, I didn't say you looked good so stop fantasising—"

"Shut up, Jeon Jungkook." You sighed and left.

__________________________________________________________
~Hey Guys!~

It's been a while, I think?
How's everyone doing? Have you guys been well, lately?

I really like how Koreans say Hanseu for Hans (I mean that's how it works there but I still find it cute haha)

Edit: I've changed the blind date's name to Jugyeong. Yes, she'll be going on a blind date with Jungkook's friend lol

Have a good day, everyone!
Sorry this story sucks