39

"Together?" Do Hyun narrowed his eyes and Jungkook nodded, digging his hands in his pockets "What makes you think we can trust each other?"

Chapter 39: Let's Do It Together

You checked your phone as you impatiently tapped your feet against the floor, waiting for the elevator to reach the fourth floor. It opened with a ding and you rushed out and through the room, bolting into Min-syuk's hospital room.

"Oh my g.." Your hands were clasped over your mouth that was wide open, your eyes filling with tears.

Min-syuk sat up on his hospital bed, and had the purest and most comforting smile on his face. He couldn't speak, as you were told in the urgent call you received only moments earlier, for he had lost his voice for the time being, but he didn't have to speak. His big brown orbs did enough, like they were saying everything's alright.

"He really did wake up at that time, just like I said!" Terry pointed at Min-syuk, who was nodding in agreement.

Jungkook came moments later, engulfing Min-syuk into a breath-taking hug. Literally. Min-syuk's eyes blinked in confusion, as if he was questioning whether this was the same Jungkook he knew or just a phoney replica.

"Thankfully, he is in a good condition. We are preparing for the surgery for tomorro–" Do Hyun's eyes fell on Jungkook and he stopped, then looked at everyone as he silently panicked.

"Thank you." You smiled and his eyes turned to you "For taking care of Min-syuk. I hope you're taking care of yourself too."

Min-syuk's eyes travelled between you, Jungkook, and the nurse, then opened his mouth to speak, only to remember he couldn't and slump his shoulder in surrender. The nurse smiled once again, giving details about the surgery and wishing everyone a healthy life, then got the heck out of there. Jungkook got up too, following him, earning a concerned look for you.

"I'll be fine." Jungkook half-whispered and left.

Min-syuk blinked, watching Jungkook leave, then looked at you and scratched the back of his head. He dropped down on his pillow, trying to figure out what on earth happened while he was in a coma.

...

"Yah!" Jungkook blocked Do Hyun's path, earning a foul look from him.

"Go ahead and report me already." Do Hyun pushed through him "Just what I need."

"I don't think it was an accident." Jungkook called and Do Hyun stopped "The whole reason the train flipped, I don't think it was an accident."

"Why do you think I would listen to you?" He spat, sending daggers at Jungkook

"You're no better. You stabbed me." Jungkook shrugged his shoulders walking towards him "But you're no murderer. You barely know you're way around a knife anymore than what you read in books in medical school."

"What do you want?" Do Hyun sighed, fully turning to face Jungkook

"One thing, though it may be a lot to ask." Jungkook said and Do Hyun nodded at him to go ahead "That we both find who set the train on fire, who committed the crime, and then both go our own ways after that."

"Together?" Do Hyun narrowed his eyes and Jungkook nodded, digging his hands in his pockets "What makes you think we can trust each other?"

"I'm positive you won't hurt me, and I won't hurt you unless you hurt me so," Jungkook shook his shoulders "It's fine with me."

"Still, this isn't some kind of story where there's the person that you shouldn't be associating with but whoop you're suddenly helping each other. That's not how the real world works."

"Exactly." Jungkook snapped his fingers, earning a confused look from Do Hyun. Jungkook sighed, producing a piece of paper from his pocket "Call me if you change your mind."

Do Hyun took the piece of paper and turned, walking away. Jungkook's phone rang and he answered it.

"Hello, how are yo–" Jungkook stopped trying to process everything he was being told "What do you mean Ireum got kidnapped?"