19

Chapter 19: Blind Date

Jugyeong stood up and bowed 90° as you approached him. You bowed too, greeting him.

"I've heard about you from Yuri." He said and then stood up and pointed at the front counter "Should we order?"

"I've never been to this cafe," You looked around as you both walked to the front counter.

"I come here a lot when I'm stressed." Jugyeong laughed as he looked at the menu.

"The usual?" The guy behind the cashier asked as he looked at Jugyeong and Jugyeong turned to you, telling you to pick what you want.

"I'll have a latte."

"I'll have an americano this time." Jugyeong nodded at the cashier as he pulled out his credit card.

You got your orders and walked back to your table, Jugyeong sitting opposite of you. He sipped his drink as he looked at the ceiling, then made eye contact with you, smiling. He sat up straight and took the straw out of his mouth.

"So you attend Yonsei, right? That's how you met Yuri?"

You nodded, gulping down your drink "Which university do you attend?"

"Hanyang University. I'm not good enough for a SKY University." He chuckled "Yuri.. She's a family friend from when I used to live in Japan."

You hummed and nodded in response and sipped your drink. He played with his fingers a little, sipping his drink too.

"So, do you usually wear black?" You noticed his fashion style and he nodded, smiling "What are your hobbies?"

"Well, I ride the motorcycle to release stress. It's fun." He stated "What do you major in?"

"Fashion design and marketing." You replied, explaining "I work at a designer clothes store so I'm quite interested in that field."

"Is that so? I have a friend that was planning on starting his own fashion line. I think you'd be a good fashion designer, judging by your clothing style." He looked at your clothes, and back at your face "And a good model."

"Model–" You choked on your drink and he gave you his water bottle in hurry. A drank a little bit then returned it back. "Thanks."

"Hey, we can talk comfortably, right?" He looked at his fingers as he wiped them across the table.

"I guess? Aren't you older?"

"We're the same age."

"Oh," you thought about it "Is that so?"

Jugyeong straightened his leather jacket, tapping his fingers playfully on the table. The cafe was somewhat quiet. Everyone was on their phones or laptops. A group of high schoolers came in and sat in the table behind us.

"So what's your ideal type?" Jugyeong finally asked after the long silence.

"Hmf," You thought about it for a moment "I don't know about ideal type. I guess I like someone who's loyal and caring, but who doesn't? Maybe someone who isn't afraid to voice their opinion?" You looked at him "What about you?"

"I like shy girls," Jugyeong smiled "Not the naive ones, though. Like she's shy but then she opens up to me, just me. I like it when they're hyper about little things in a relationship, it's cute."

He inhaled and exhaled, then looked around. You sat there for a moment in silence, signalling this was the end of the conversation. You both got up and walked outside of the cafe, where you were going to part ways.

"So," You said at last "Now..?"

"In all honesty," Jugyeong said, scratching the back of his head "I feel like, to me, you're more of a best friend material rather than girlfriend. You're quite chill, and you listen. Plus, you're more open to truth rather than beating around the bush."

"Likewise," You watched as Jugyeong climbed onto his motorcycle "So.. Friends?"

"Yep." Jugyeong held his fist up and you gave him a fist bump "See you later, Y/N. Think about what I said about my friend's clothing line."

You nodded and turned, walking away as he drove off. Your phone rang and Yuri's ID came up. She was definitely going to ask you about what happened. You sighed and put your hands in your pockets.

For now, things were fine. Dating is stressful anyways, so it turned out well. Whoever you're fated to be with, will turn up eventually.

You stopped and called a cab. Maybe you can visit Min-syuk at the hospital.

Min-syuk, it's been two months.

Where are you now?

_____________________________________________________
~Hey Guys~

I just want to thank everyone who has been reading this book lately. I've gained 200 views in two days, no exaggeration.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

~Hope you enjoyed *^*