Chapter 9

Sorry bout the wait y'all, here's an extra long chapter for ya, also shout out to @Fangirllingg this new character is dedicated to them

~??? POV~

Fools, every one of them, especially that pink haired bimbo.

Sigh... I can't help but question how the hell I ended up working for her, but at least the pay's good. I mean, that much money just to stalk someone? Sucks tits that she's a fucking lovesick maniac, seriously nasty shit.

Thumbing through the wad of cash I'd received that day, I scoff with a smirk on my face.

You're making this too damn easy, pinky.

I slip the money under the cheap hotel mattress, along with the rest of my earnings. Reclining on the bed, I stare at the ceiling, my eyebrows furrowed.

I can't stop myself from wondering who -or what- she's talking to in that godforsaken cave, though I guess it's not important to my task. Dammit I still can't help but want to know. Oh well, as long as she keeps to the promise of my money, I'll try to keep myself in check.

Shifting onto my side, I close my eyes, hoping for a better rest then last night.

~~flashback dream~~

Small clouds form as my hot breath invades the cold air, and I keep running, away from what'd I just done.

Of fucking course it was a set up. Damn rich people. Another job gone wrong, I growl as I hurriedly scramble around another building, and duck into an alleyway, rushing to the end. Looking back to make sure I wasn't followed, I slide the sewer plate back, and slide down, pulling it back into place after me.

Hopping to the bottom, I groan as the mucky water seeps into my shoes-that were clearly not waterproof.

"Fuck you too shoes."

As you may have guessed by now, I'm a mercenary of sorts. How'd I get here? Simple. My mother tossed me to the streets with a simple "fuck you" when I was seven years old, the 'wrong kind of person' picked me up and signed me up, teaching me all they knew. 

I get paid to do people's bidding, and it ranges from pickpocketing, breaking and entering, and murder to simple 'hands-or frankly mouth- on' favors. It may not be the most conventional living, but the pay is well if you're good at your job. And I'm the best.

So I guess it's no surprise that my next job opening would appear so soon.

Nearly to my hideout, I freeze as a shrill giggle pierces the stale air, and the click of heels grow louder from behind. I whip around with an icy glare and knife on hand.

"Maka darling, put the toys down, I'm not one of the bigots running around looking for you."

Taking a calming breath, I stand my ground, my eyes still not focusing in on the source of the annoyingly high pitched voice, not dwelling on the fact that they know my given name.

"...not one for talking I see, that's alright, speaking isn't required for the job I have for you."

A figure grows closer, and I see a pair of glowing emerald eyes, and a head of bright fucking pink hair. I pull my knife closer to myself, but take up a looser stance for negotiating. 

"Type of work and pay?"

A chuckle resounds through the confining walls as the girl pulls out a roll of cash.

" Five hundred dollars up front," my eyebrows spike and my eyes widen at the money in her hand, "and a hundred each day I use you. As for the job, just light work, watching and reporting back to me on someone, maybe simple retrieval errands."