Chapter 1 "pilot"

Betty pov

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday Elizabeth, happy birthday to you. Make a wish!" My mom says waking me up and bringing the cake to my face
I look around my room adjusting to the light as the reflection bounces off my rebel with out a cause poster than my eyes settle on my alarm clock that reads 6:02 am.
"Mom it's so early!" I say but I laugh and bring her in for a kiss on the cheek.
"But thank you," I add.
I always make sure my mom knows how blessed I am to have her, I'm not going to be one of those people who push there mom away and regret it once there dead, I'd rather just love her now.
"Happy birthday!" Polly and chick scream jumping in my bed and hugging me. Polly in her fluffy pink robe and chick in his flannel pajama bottoms not wearing a shirt. Mom quickly grabs the cake so it doesn't fall.
"Ugh little sis is 17?" Chick whines trying to tickle me.
"When you were a baby I hated you I just wanted you to grow so me and poll can play with you.. now,.. I'd rather you be small again."
I pick my pillow up from behind me and smack him with it, a few times.
He try's to fight back, but he's not a match for me and Polly is just sitting on the edge of my bed laughing.
"Okay enough!, Betty, we have a surprise for you downstairs!" Mom says.
"Cmon" Polly grabs my hand and is practically dragging me down there and chick is trying to keep up.
Once I hit the bottom step I look up and here
"Surprise!!"
Archie, Mr. Andrews, obviously Fp (my moms boyfriend), Kevin and sweet pea, fangs, and Tony!
"Tony!!" I yell so excited that I hurt everyone's ear drums.
"When did you come home?" How's Cheryl?" 
"Last night and she's great!! I couldn't miss my best friends birthday did you really think I would?"
I pull her in for a hug.
"Ug uh you didn't that's my best friend sense we were 4" Archie adds stuffing his face
"I'm so happy Your all here!"
I look down at Archie and roll my eyes.
"What are your seeing how many pancakes can fit in your mouth?" I say sarcastically because I know that every year on my birthday he starts gaining weight for wrestling which starts exactly two months later.
Next thing I know is he threw a strawberry at me in revenge.
"Oh my god I love how we're all in pajamas!!" I say side hugging fp.
"Except chick" I add right after noticing he's not wearing a shirt still"
"Charles go put on a shirt!" Fp says firmly throwing the oven mit at him making him flinch.
"Mom said that we should have breakfast in our pajamas and we'll your lucky I'm even wearing pants"
"Gross" I say making a disgusted look as we all start throwing things at him, than he runs up stairs almost tripping on the steps.
As we're all eating a delicious breakfast
"So Betty any plans for today?" Mr Andrews asks pouring fangs orange juice.
"Umm yea actually, I was thinking of going to see my dad."
He sets the orange juice down and all eyes stare at me and fp stops flipping pancakes and exchanges a worried look with my mother burning the pancakes.
"Elizabeth are you sure you wanna spend your 17th birthday getting patted down at a correctional facility than talking to a horrible man that did horrible, unspeakable things?"
Mom makes a good point I think to myself
"No, maybe not, I just have hated him so long and I don't wanna spend another year with his memory bringing me down eventually I wanna move on and I can't do that unless I get somethings off my chest first." I say reaching into the fruit bowl centered perfectly in the middle of the table pulling out an apple.
"Hun if you want I'll go with you." Fp says retrying to relieve my worried mother.
"Thank you but this is something I gotta do on my own"
"Your a serpent your never alone" sweat pea says following almost like he had planned to say that.
We all laugh because it's true.
In that room the only people who weren't serpents was my sister, Archie and his father. Oh, and Kevin. My mom used to be a serpent but I don't really know if she still considered herself one.
The moment breaks with Chick running down stairs with my shirt on.
"Okay, how dose this look?" He asks raising his arms completely serious.
Once I notice he's wearing my favorite shirt I throw the apple in my hand at him but running back upstairs he dodged it.
As the phone rang I got up and picked up the apple and a couple minutes later my mom comes back holding the phone.
"We have a problem" she says speaking directly to Fred and fp.
"What's wrong?" Mr Andrews asks.
"The lodges are moving back to riverdale."
Immediately I know it's not good because the looks on both their faces said it all.