PROLOGUE + AUTHORS NOTE

Hey! This is my first story! I had previously published this story but I wasn't happy with it so I took it down. Sorry if you've already read this introduction but I promise this one's better, I promise.

Enjoy my lovelies!

• • •

Heart beating. Pulse raising. Palms sweating. I clutched my microphone with shaking hands, waiting for the music to start.

The auditorium was dark. Red curtains cascaded either side of me, pulled back in a way that exposed me to the packed audience. I felt like prey my audience were the predators, they looked at me with hungry eyes. My auburn hair cascaded down my emerald, stone-encrusted dress. The sweet melody began. The tune I've mastered for years and years. My mouth opened and (thankfully) the first note came out...

But the rest didn't.

The ground should've swallowed me up there and then. I cast my eyes over the crowd: they looked just as surprised as I did. My face turned beet-red and I could feel my hair cling to the back of my neck. My mic dropped.

I could kiss my life goodbye.

How could I face anyone again? The embarrassment would be too much! The pressure I'd put on myself for too long caused me to snap. And like a twig in a tornado... I snapped. Just like they said I would.

Sweat glistened my forehead and my vision started to blur. My head was spinning and the only sound I could hear was my own heavy breathing.

"Anna!" The kind caring face of my mother appeared next to me, her face urging me to keep going but I couldn't.
My heels clipped and clopped across the dark, wooden stage. My fingers gently brushed against the crimson curtain. The boo's and bellows from the crowd urged my feet to keep going. I ran through the maze backstage. I ran for my life. I ran for the tiny morsel of dignity I had left. If I had any left at all.

I barrelled through the dressing room door, and lent against the table in front of the mirror where I looked at my illuminated face. Other girls crowded me asking me if I was "okay". I didn't know if I'd ever be okay again. Then all the girls disappeared. I was left alone, crying and confused.

"You weren't that bad."

Suddenly, I turned and saw quite possibly, the most gorgeous man I'd ever seen. He gave me a smirk and ran a hand through his jet black hair. I immediately felt connected to this man.   His emerald eyes bored into mine. And his stance exuded confidence. I knew he was my dream and the one I'd always knew I'd find. I opened my mouth when he suddenly cut me off with a finger in the air.

"But, sadly this dream must end..."

Confusion hit me like a child hits a pinãta. I was dreaming? But it seems so real...

"Wake up Anna... Wake up... WAKE UP!"

• • •

My eyes slowly drifted open: I took in the sight of my pastel blue room. I breathed out heavily. It was just a dream. A smile graced my face at the thought but then I realised...

If it was a dream...

Why did it feel so real?

And why did I feel a connection with that man?

Duh. Duh. DUUUHHHH. This is only the prologue, chapters will get longer, I promise.

Also, don't steal my stuff. If I can come up with these stories by myself, then you can too.

(I don't own any pictures or art used in these chapters)

Dream big b**ches.

- Emm x