Chapter 5: Move Like A King

Put the pitchforks down, I'm back! I'm sorry for not updating for two weeks but with Christmas and everything I've been really busy.

I wasn't going to update but hazelwalnut  convinced me to update. Thanks for the support babes x

Happy reading!
-Emm

• • •

Trees.

Some of the best things in the world. They give us oxygen, nice scenery, and shade during a hot day. All in all they are so useful and pretty. But, after seeing nothing but trees for the past five hours I've decided that I despise them. I'm aching to see anything else; a shop, a person, even a squirrel!

But no, I just. See. Trees.

"Can I know where we're going?" Rolling my heavy head to the left I look in the general direction of Madison. She looks like a Bond agent wearing sunglasses and an all black suit. The radio's off bringing a comfortable silence between us. We know no words need to be spoken - it's a mutual understanding we both share.

"No. The less you know the less danger you're in. But I can promise you, you will be safer here than with your friends." Emotionless, the same tone of voice she always has. I would think she had no emotions if not for the flicker of sadness that sometimes crosses her eyes.

Is that why she wears sunglasses?

"No it's not." Her voice cuts like a knife. Did I say that out loud?

"Yes, you did and everything else you said before that. I agree, by the way, I hate the trees too." A rare smile crossed her face before she became stone-cold again. "We will be there soon."

Too pass the time I closed my eyes.

And sleep slowly found me.

• • •

"Hey! Umm if it's not too much trouble can you get off my leg? You're crushing my di-"

Immediately my eyes shot open and I found myself in an unfamiliar room, laying on a muscular leg. My eyes traced his body slowly as I met his face.

He was cute. Blonde shaggy hair, baby blue eyes, dimples and a jawline that I think could cut my finger. Alas, no matter how gorgeous he was my mind would always wonder to that arrogant pr*ck that held a gun to me.

I hate my messed up brain. But at the same time I love it.

"I'm so sorry. Hey, do I know you?" He brushed a stray hair from his face and smiled with his pearly white teeth.

"I don't think so. Mad's brought you here. Carried you up the stairs all by herself. And your luggage too! Damn, I think she might have bigger balls than me!" He chuckled to himself.

As he continued to talk I let my eyes gaze the room. It was small. With a fire lit in front and soft fabric couches and wooden beams that covered the ceiling in perfect rows. The windows looked on to a forest covered in a blanket of snow. I was wrapped in a warm red blanket and wearing the same hoodie and leggings as before. The man was still talking to himself as I surveyed the new environment.