Chapter 11

The room felt quiet. It was a strong silence. He looked at his sleeping friend. Ethan sighed as he looked for a jacket. He pulled one on then he turned and left through the window. He couldn't, no he wouldn't let his friends know why he was leaving- they would try looking for him. If Ethan left without telling them, maybe his friends would think he was a jerk and let it be. Though he thought it was unlikely. His friends were so stubborn, unbelievably stubborn. He could only hope that they could let it go for once. Maybe. Hopefully.
    Once he was on the ground Ethan sighed softly. He walked to a park, and pulled out the phone. He decided to wait for the call that might come. He sat on the bench looking up at the sky. He heard walking and talking but he ignored it. Ethan wished he could still sleep, it'd be much more of a relief. At least compared to this. The sky was dark and cloudy. The trees shook with the strengthening wind. Ethan sighed, he missed the feeling of being cold, how it felt as it made him feel alive. He was no longer alive.

    Ethan suddenly understood Sarah. Everything she must of felt choosing between the chance of living, or giving it all up. Ethan probably would have done the same, to keep any chance of it. To be able to breathe in deeply, the cold air crisp and welcoming on stressful days. Ethan ached for it every single day. His hair had fallen in his eyes, his eyes narrowed slightly. Why couldn't he be human? Before all this, Sure Ethan wanted to be immortal then, but now it felt like a heavy burden. And he wanted to scream his anger out.
    Ethan couldn't do that, he had to remain calm. He had to force a smile and take everything that happened. Well maybe not smile, he barely smiled. But he still had to take the pain. Ethan couldn't let his emotions overwhelm him. He'd have to stay whelmed and push through it. As much as he hated it, he had to do it. Ethan sighed as he felt rain start to fall. It seemed to rain a lot now a days. Maybe it would return to sunshine after he was gone. But one can only hope, and that's what Ethan did.