Cruisin' For Some Lovin'//PatrckstaticxMKAlyss 50's style dance au

{before you read this: just imagine Patrck and Gar dressed up as Greaser's and Tegan and Marie dressed in some sort of women's fashion from the 50's since i couldn't settle for something specific with them. XD}
"What if this night is just a huge bust, Gar?" Patrck asked.

"It won't be! I made sure there's almost no way you won't find yourself someone nice, Patrck." Gar said excitedly.

"But what if that chance that I'll leave this dance alone happens to be the true chance?" Patrck asked with worry.

"It's really unlikely, Pat; just think about what good could come rather than the bad!" Gar said.
After a little bit longer time of driving and a bit more arguing between the two friends, they had arrived at their destination that Gar had hoped would get his friend out of the slump of getting dumped by someone.
The two were greeted to a large crowd of people that looked like they had hopped into the venue straight from the 50's, complete with Greaser's and everything that was iconic to the 50's.

Gar quickly made his way into the large crowd of people while Pat took a little longer to mingle himself into the crowd, but not too long after he bumped into someone and caused them to drop their drink.

"Oh my gosh i'm sorry!" Patrck said. "I can totally go get you another drink."
After saying that, Pat then noticed how pretty the girl he bumped into was.

"It's okay, I'm shocked you're just the first person to be going through this giant crowd and bump into me like that." The girl said, "But how about we get the hell out of this crowd and go get a drink?"
'Wow...what luck I had to have a handsome guy like him bump into me...' Marie thought as a small blush came to her cheeks, but was thankfully hidden under the lowlights of the venue.

"I'm totally down for that." Pat giggled as he shifted his way out of the crowd with the girl.

"Wait, I never caught your name back there; what is it?" Patrck asked once they got out of the crowd.

"It's Marie. I somehow got convinced to come to this party by a friend," Marie mumbled.

"I'm actually here because of the same reason." Patrck chuckled, "My friend thought this would be the cure to get me out of the slump I've been in."

"Slump?" Marie asked, confusion crossing over her face.

"I got dumped a couple weeks ago and I've been all sad about it and shit." Patrck muttered.

Marie chuckled softly. "It's ironic how we both met each other because we both got almost dragged into coming here by our friends."

"Really?" Patrck asked.

"Really." Marie giggled.

"Well, now I'm pretty glad I decided to come." Patrck said.
The two talked in a spot away from the crowd of dancing and laughing people, but soon got around to joining them in dancing. They were dancing for a while when they heard a voice that was familiar to at least one of the two.

"Hey! I see I was right!" Gar giggled over the music.

"Yeah, yeah, you were right, Gar. I did find someone nice." Patrck muttered with a chuckle. "And somehow I met someone who was here under the same circumstances I am."

"Well, I'm glad it happened nonetheless; and I found myself someone too." Gar giggled as another girl came up beside him.

"Tegan?!" Marie asked.

"Oh how fucking ironic..." Patrck laughed.

"You two know each other?" Gar asked.

"She's the reason I'm here!" Marie exclaimed.

"She's not wrong." Tegan giggled.

"Well as ironic as it is, this did turn out pretty nice for the four of us." Patrck giggled.

The four ended up dancing the night away and exchanged numbers once they were about to leave and head home.

"Aren't you glad I got you to come out?" Tegan asked as the two girls headed home.

"I am. I got to meet a really handsome guy and dance all night with him and you found yourself a guy who ironically is friends with mine. At least we can have double dates if the two are willing." Marie giggled.

"I'm pretty sure they would be." Tegan laughed.
And meanwhile, the two men had the same conversation on the way home, both happy that they went out that night.
.......
The two couples ended up dating and yes, many cute double dates did happen after that very night.