XXXV. Fireworks

Over the last year, many things had fallen into place. Stevie had filed for a restraining order and it was honored by the judge. Before Stevie and Lindsey took him to court, Mick was going to sue Lindsey for invading his property and for hitting him. It was also very hard for Mick to even win the case. Lindsey had other dirt on him from previous years that was never brought up.

After that was a done deal, Mick's wife; Lynn, she would come over to the Buckingham-Nicks manner often. She apologized to Stevie for Mick's behavior and Stevie kind of shrugged it off. Stevie knew him better than anyone just from being his friend for years. As did Lindsey, but he tried not to pay attention much. When he left the band back in the day, that really was it for him. He didn't stay in contact with anybody but John and occasionally Christine. He tried to stay in contact with Stevie, but it hurt him to do so. When he talked to Christine every now and again, he would find out how his girl was doing. Stevie would often do the same as she tried to forget about him completely.

~

"Mom! Wyatt is on the run!" Lucy yelled from the living room to her mother that was in the kitchen cooking.

Lucy and Elijah were living with her parents while the baby was little. Wyatt was only one and the way the couple used to travel back and forth would be too hard to do with a child. So for now they were only visiting his parents. Stevie's house was way bigger anyway.

"I got him," Stevie yelled as her grandson crawled into the kitchen. He was a fast crawler and learning to walk. Stevie squatted down. "What are doing, silly boy?"

Wyatt turned to sit flat on his bottom and clapped when she smiled at him. He was giggling too. "Hi," he said softly. That was all he really could say. Other than "da" in regards to Elijah. He didn't say anything to Lucy, but he always wanted her.

"Hi," Stevie waved her hand gently before scooping him up. He was the cutest thing in the world and everything he did, she loved. She held him on her hip as she flowed about the kitchen.

Lucy soon entered the kitchen. "Hey, you!" she said happily to her son. She was making funny faces at him, causing him to giggle violently.

"Is that your silly mommy?" Stevie turned around so they could see what Lucy was doing.

Pretty soon, Lucy put her head forward to tie her hair up in a bun. She just had hair passed her bottom and it was thick, always in her way. As she got up she stepped forward to take her boy. She wanted her mom to finish what she was doing.

"Luce?" Elijah's voice rang through their ears. He was coming from visiting with his parents.

"Is that da?" Lucy asked Wyatt with a smile as she bounced him gently.

Wyatt gasped and he had a smile on his face. He put his hands together as he watched his mommy.

"In here, babe!" Lucy yelled.

Elijah came into the kitchen and smiled. "Hey, little boy---" he gushed. He started tickling his son and kissing him. Once he was done he took him and pecked Lucy's lips. "Hey, mom," he then stepped forward to peck Stevie's cheek.

"Hi, sweetheart---" she pecked his cheek at the same time.

"Dude, this kid---" Lucy pointed to Wyatt. "This one right here," she tapped his nose with her finger. "He is a runner."

"Yeah, I believe that," he laughed. "Did you run from mommy?" he threw him into the air gently.

"And straight to grandma," Lucy laughed.

"Hey, I just got that touch---" Stevie laughed.

"You do! I can't wait to have that," she stated back.