🕯Chapter Five🕯

Freddie and a few Communists sit around a table at the Garrison talking about the encounter with the blonde woman during the meeting, waiting for the right time to deliver her message

Freddie and a few Communists sit around a table at the Garrison talking about the encounter with the blonde woman during the meeting, waiting for the right time to deliver her message. They cease talking when they notice Tommy Shelby looking at Freddie from the bar.

Getting up from his seat and downing his drink, Freddie makes his way towards the bar and sparks up a conversation with Thomas. While the other communists, unknown to Thomas, hand out black roses to the men at the bar.

The peaceful atmosphere is soon interrupted by none other than Danny Whiz-Bang charging through the door and knocking tables over. But it wasn't the mans fault. It was the war that did this to him.

Freddie and Tommy soon get him to the floor and calm him down. The poor bloke gets from the floor and looks at the mess he made. "Ah! Hell! Did I do it again?" He asks looking at Thomas for the answer because he knew no matter what, Thomas would keep the hateful comments about him to himself, If he had any at all that is. 

Thomas looks at him with a solemn expression and nods, "You did it again, Danny."  He grabs the back of Dannys' head and puts his forehead against his own. "You've got to stop doing this, man."

Danny starts nodding and looking at everyone in the pub, who look back at him with scared expressions. "I'm sorry Mr.Shelby, I'm so sorry."

Thomas shakes his head at Danny and tells him to go home to his wife. But before he can leave the pub completely a Communist comes up to him and gives him a black rose, while wishing him good health.

Harry looks up to Thomas while picking up a table, " You have to do something about him, Mr. Shelby." He says, his stress clear in his voice from his pub being smashed. 

The people in the pub start agreeing with him, while helping put the pub back together. Freddie walks up to the bar where Thomas is finishing his drink, "You're the law around here now, aren't you Tommy?" He says, smirking knowing times would soon change. For the Blonde woman let him on in a few secrets. He knew she didn't trust him, no. She just needed him. But they needed her too. 

Thomas ignored Freddie and walks out of the bar, not before telling Harry to send the bill to the Peaky Blinders.

Family Meeting

The Shelby family are gathered round a small table listening to their eldest brother, Arthur speak about an Irish copper.

Their Aunt, Polly interrupted him and looks to Thomas, "Why send him to Birmingham?"

Thomas, looking bored with the question looks at everyone in the room, "There's been all these strikes at the BSA and the Austin works lately. Now the papers are talking about sedition and Revolution. I reckon it's communists he's after." He says, unknown just how worried he made his little sister, Ada.

Polly, still unsure of the whole ordeal looks to Thomas once more. "So this copper is gonna leave us alone, right?"

"There are Irishmen in Green lanes who left Belfast to get away from him. They say Catholic men who crossed him used to disappear in the night." He responds to her, not at all putting her at ease with his words. 

The silence hands in the air, giving the situation a more tense vibe until it's interrupted by the second youngest Shelby brother, John. 

"Yeah, but we ain't IRA. We bloody fought for the King. Anyway, we're Peaky Blinders. We're not scared of coppers."

"He's right." Says Arthur nodding his head at his younger brother, but his expression still guarded. He then looks to their Aunt, needing her input before any decisions are made. She looks away from Arthurs' gaze and takes a puff from her cigarette. 

"This Family does everything open. You have nothing more to say to this meeting, Thomas?" She asks, still not looking up. 

Taking his time to respond he looks to his Aunt, "No, Nothing that's womens business." 

Scoffing at his words she looks to him, her anger clear in her eyes for the disrespect. "This whole bloody enterprise was women's business while you boys were away at war. What's changed?"

 He Shakes his head at what she's saying and looks to everyone in the room, "We Came Back." 

Silence lingers in the room as everyone looks to one another, unsure how his words would affect Polly, but it's not Polly that responds to him. 

"The Monsters Always Do." Comes the voice of a little boy, no older than seven. His hair a light shade of brown and his eyes piercing blue.

All heads in the room shoot to the little boy as he stands in the doorway. Not knowing who he is nor how he got in. But one person in the room is frozen to the place he stands, Arthur Shelby.  

Thomas moves forward to grab the little boy and take him away from the Shelby household but is stopped by Arthur, "Don't. Bloody. Touch. Him." he says through his teeth while everyone snaps our of their shocked states to stare at Arthur.

Moving forward to the little boy he bends down in front of him and cups his face in his hands. 

"That you Damien?" His voice soft, cracking at the end like he's about to cry. 

The little boy, now known as Damien. Looks up at Arthur and smiles brighter than any of the Shelbys' have seen before. 

"Hey Dad." He responds, shocking most of the Shelby Clan who stare at Arthur, demanding answers. 

Ignoring them, he looks at his son. Tears streaming down his face from pure happiness.

"What are you doing here Dame? What are you doing in Birmingham?" He asks his little boy uneasily. The last time he saw his son, he was going to war. Leaving him and his mother to look after themselves. Knowing damn well Lilith could defend her self.

Damien smiles and giggles to himself like he's about to reveal a big secret. He brings his hands from behind his back to reveal a black rose with a white stem. He holds it up to his fathers face and looks at the rest of the Shelby family. 

"Mummy's Come Home."

UNEDITED

UNEDITED

A/N

PLOT TWIST!!! 

THEY KNOW SHE'S THERE, BUT ONLY ARTHUR AND POLLY KNOW WHAT SHE'S CAPABLE OF.