🕯Chapter Thirteen🕯

"You ain't a Shelby!" 

"He finally did it then."

John and Thomas spoke over each other, breaking the silence that followed Liliths' announcement. Neither reaction surprised her as she had known Thomas years. He knew of her past and the closeness of her and Arthur. He was just never around when they finally made it official. She had never been introduced to any of the Shelbys' so it was no surprise to hear that John was offended that she announced herself as a Shelby, the ones she had met was completely by accident. 

Thomas for instance. She remembered the day she met him like yesterday. He seemed so shy walking into her brothel. One of her girls, Casey, took an instant liking to Thomas. In fact, she never slept with another man again. She was cunning though. She made sure Thomas never knew she was undoubtedly loyal to him because he never showed the same interest. She would lure men into rooms at the brothel, blindfold them, then get another girl into the room. It was her way of keeping up the working appearance. Yet she never touched anyone but Thomas. 

Polly. Goodness did she love Polly. Them meeting was an accident to her, but she had a feeling Arthur had planned it. She was just leaving her house with Arthur not far behind and low and behold, Polly was waiting outside. The introductions were far from awkward, in fact, they clicked straight away. Lilith didn't fail to pick up on the fact that Polly had been told to meet Arthur there, by Arthur himself. But she never complained, she loved meeting his family. But at this very moment, she was not in the family reunion mood.

"I am so close to losing my shit, Now let me the fuck go!" Liliths voice radiated anger as she all but screamed at the men holding her arms. 

With a nod from Thomas, John and Scudboat dropped Liliths' arms and stepped back. Not expecting Lilith to go barreling forward and laying a solid punch directly in Thomas' face. His head knocked back on impact and Lilith once again found herself being held back, this time, their grip so much tighter. She even noticed John had taken his cap off and now had it in his hand. His grip was so tight that his knuckles were white. 

"I deserved that for a number of reasons. But I have a feeling there's a new one." Thomas sighed, swiping his thumb against his bottom lip, removing all traces of blood.

Liliths' stance faltered in the arms of the men but she never let her self cry.

"The Irish copper, he's taken Arthur." She croaked out, avoiding to mention the other reason she was so upset.

Thomas, as calm as ever just tuts and shakes his head. Like her reasoning is incredibly stupid.

"All that because Arthur has been taken in?"

Liliths' facade breaks as she let a few tears slide down her face. Falling limp in the arms of John, as Scudboat had long let go. 

"Damien was with him when he was taken in." She croaks out, her voice still strong.

With Liliths statement hanging in the air, Polly finally pipes up. Her face full of worry and panic, but only those closest could tell.

"What do you mean Damien was with him? What's that got to do with anything? Is he alright?" Polly rushes out, no breathes taken throughout the questioning. 

"Damien..Damien's Missing."

UNEDITED

UNEDITED