🕯Chapter Eleven🕯

If anyone was to walk through the door of Lilith Raleigh Shelbys' home they would believe she was an ordinary wife as she stood cooking a meal; while her husband and their son played with little wooden soldiers in the front room

If anyone was to walk through the door of Lilith Raleigh Shelbys' home they would believe she was an ordinary wife as she stood cooking a meal; while her husband and their son played with little wooden soldiers in the front room. There were no words to describe how happy she was, finally. She was back where she belonged, with Arthur. She never wanted to leave Birmingham when he went to war. But her business caught up to her and she knew she had to leave to keep Damien safe. 

Once she had dished the food onto the black painted plates she owned she stood, leant against the frame of the door and admired the view in front of her. Damien had the biggest smile she had ever seen from him upon his face while Arthur spun him in the air. This was paradise. Her own personal paradise. But she knew it wasn't going to last long because although she ran from her business she never truly left it. She came back to keep her husband safe from the rats that were crawling out onto the streets of Birmingham. So that is exactly what she intended to do.

"Come on Love, let him down. Food's done." Lilith said while watching Arthur throw Damien onto the soft front room chair. Causing Damien to burst into a fit of giggles. 

Once Damien had calmed down he sprinted into the next room to eat his lunch, But not before giving his mum a kiss on the cheek. He was soon followed by Arthur, who also gave Lilith a kiss on the cheek before he sat down to eat. Their own little way of showing their appreciation for the home-cooked meal. 

Once Lilith sat opposite Arthur, she picked up Damiens tiny hand in her own while Damien picked up Arthurs. Arthur reached across the table to grab Liliths' hand and they all bowed their heads towards their food. 

"For food in a world where many walk in hunger;

 For faith in a world where many walk in fear;

 For friends in a world where many walk alone;

 We give you thanks, O Lord."

They all repeated Liliths' words before the echo of Amen resonated the silent room.

A/N

This isn't much, I know. I just wanted you all to see them as a happy little family before everything goes to shit... 

 UNEDITED

UNEDITED