So far I can't find any cons.

Jett

I downed the last of my beer and slammed it on the wood countertop.

"I mean, why won't she even talk to me? I didn't do anything wrong," I slurred, shaking my head angrily.

"In fairness, Jett, what would you have done if you had walked in on her naked with another guy."

"Kill him, fight with her, listen to her side, then marry her so she can never ever leave," I answered with zero hesitation, motioning for another beer.

"Nope, sorry. I am officially cutting you off," Ryan said with a small, apologetic smile. I felt someone clap my back and gave James a small nod as he sat down next to me.

"I heard about you and Kami. Brother, I'm sorry," he said, eyebrows raised and shaking his head, "I thought you two were solid."

"Yeah, well, me too," I said, reaching for my beer only to find air. I sighed roughly and sent Ryan an imploring gaze.

"I'm single now, Ryan, why shouldn't I be able to get wasted?" My eyes glazed over and my head dropped a little. "I'm single, now," I repeated in a whisper.

"Shit, I hate it when you're a mopey drunk," Ryan said, grabbing another beer, "here, get happy."

I grabbed it and took a deep swig.

"So, why don't you tell me the whole story?" James asked.

I told him everything, Melanie drugging me, Kami walking in, Rebecca telling me off, everything.

"Well, I hate to say it, but I think she's more at fault here than you. You didn't do anything wrong, and she won't let you explain."

"Exactly!" I shouted, my eyes wide. "I waited at that diner for so fucking long, and she didn't even show up."

"How long has it been since it happened?"

"Three days."

"You know what I say, then? Forget her. Get laid, Jett."

"Forget her?" I repeated, looking aghast. "That'll never happen. Once you've been with a girl like Kami...no, fuck that, once you've been with Kami, you can't forget, ever."

"Fine, then just for a night."

I let my eyes slide over to the brunette who had been playing with her straw and giving me fuck me eyes for over an hour. She was too tall, and her eyes were blue but...

"Just for a night," I repeated.

Kami

"I think...I think I want to go talk to Jett."

Rebecca turned around, startled and floundered for words for a second.

"Umm, okay. Sure, you wanna...okay. Hold on one second, let me get into roommate mode," she finished putting in her earrings then sat next to me on the bed, her whole demeanor changing, "continue."

"Well, I mean, you said that he has an explanation, right? Maybe, maybe I should let him explain. I'm not saying that I'll get back together with him, but I'd always wonder, you know?"

She gave me a supportive smile and nodded.

"You need closure, I've gotcha."

I nodded and took a deep breath.

"I have a few ideas of where he is, so...I'll talk to you later."

I left and went to Jett's apartment first, not too surprised when no one answered. Next, I went to his favorite bar and immediately spotted him talking to James and the bartender, Ryan.