I'm the father of her child. I'm allowed.

Present Time

Kami

"Do you think you could ever love me again?"

I stared at Jett with my mouth open, knowing that whatever I answered could possibly be the death of me. So I decided to go with the truth.

"Jett, I never really stopped. Even when I hated your lying cheating guts, I still loved you."

He had started to lean his head down to kiss me, but he froze and raised it.

"I didn't cheat on you, Kami," he said in a cold voice.

I put my hand on his cheek and gave him a small smile.

"I know."

"I'm sorry you feel that way, but- Wait, you know?"

"Yeah. That night at the bar when you told me to talk to Donald, I did. I also ended up breaking his nose. And Melanie's, come to think of it."

"Hold on, back up, I'm going to need the whole story," he said, that little crease in between his eyes appearing like it did whenever he was confused.

I sighed and ran a hand over my face.

"Look, how about we both get some sleep and we talk tomorrow."

He quickly nodded.

"Right, right, sleep first. Come on, let's get Jason," he sneered, "to drive us to your dorm."

"Jett, play nice," I murmured as we approached the van. Jason was pointedly looking away from us and when I moved to get out of Jett's arms, he just tightened them. He opened the door to the backseat and slid both of us in, me on his lap.

"We're going to the dorm, Jason," I said softly.

Jett leaned down and nuzzled my belly, making me giggle. Damn it, he knows how ticklish I am.

"Stop that," I reprimanded.

"What, I'm playing with him," he said, drawing little circles on my tummy.

"It could be a girl, Jett," I said.

He shot me a wry smile, then leaned down to my stomach again.

"Hey, squirt, if you're listening and there's still time, I need you to become a boy and fast. The last thing I need is a mini Kami to keep the boys away from," he whispered.

I chuckled and slapped his head lightly, but he continued.

"Plus, think about it. With Kami as a mom, you'll get so many sexy genes, dude, the chicks will be all over you."

"Oh, so it's okay for our boy to have girls all over him but our girl can't have a bunch of boys all over her?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Baby, baby, baby," Jett said, shaking his head, "with me as a dad, there's no stopping that boy from becoming a player."

Jason coughed something that sounded dangerously close to 'ego' from the front seat and Jett looked up there sharply.

"Got something you want to say to me, Jacob?" he asked in a harsh voice.

"Jett," I muttered.

He ignored me.

"It's Jason. Though, I'm not surprised you have a hard time with names."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"Don't cuss in front of the baby!" I said, covering my belly with my hands.